Taming Your Hamster (Part 2)

This is now part two of Taming Your Hamster. I hope nobody minded having separate parts, sorry! Anyways, I will explain the rest all right now!

So in part one, I started a little "step" guide for taming your hamster, so I am going to continue the steps, and hopefully help you tame your hamster!

Step 4: It is always a good idea to keep feeding your hamster treats and veggies from your hand, since your hamster is learning to get used to you. It can definitely speed up the process by a bit. :)

Step 5: In a safe place where your hamster cannot escape or jump, your can try putting your hand out in front of them. If they jump alarmingly, bite, or get sort of scared, that's ok. Just go back a step and continue until he or she is ready. If they are ready though, your hamster might climb right on to get picked up, and that is great! Well, after this, just be sure to continue to do these things. Just remember that they have a mind of their own, so you never know when they want to play, or just sleep!!! 😜

That I pretty much everything to taming your hamster, and you're on your own from there!

How to set up a bathtub playpen:
The things you will need are:
- a towel or blanket to fit the bath
- some treats
- something to plug the hole of the drain
- some of your hamsters favorite toys
- perhaps some food just in case, too!
- your hamster and yourself!

To start off, lay the towel or blanket down as neatly as possible on the bottom of the tub. Make sure there is no way that your hamster can climb or get under the towel as well. Next, plug the drain of the bathtub so he or she won't fall in. (Or go and explore by accident) after that, put some toys, treats and your hamster into the tub! I recommend that you sit in the bath with them when taming so they can get as used to you as possible, but for fun once in a while, they can be by their self having fun, since there is no way for them to escape the slippery tub!!!!!

Ps: remember to wipe down and dry off the tub if it's wet before using it with your hammie.

Always remember that taming is not to be taken too fast. Also, taming your hamster could take from something as little as a week, but it could even take a few months. Every hamster is different, and don't forget to check out many more sources, since it's best to have lots of information!