1. Return to Ketterdam

Winnie Marth looked around to take in her surroundings.

A small village. A community.

There were people going about their days as the platinum blonde-haired girl stood in the centre watching them closely with a small smile on her face.

She felt the wind blow against her face. It wasn't so cold as to make her shiver but was cold enough to make her turn away from the sudden breeze.

Her eyes latched onto the familiar back of another girl. She had long curly black hair that fell down the back of her brown cloak.

"Alina?" the shadow summoner spoke.

The girl seemed to have heard her and slowly turned around to face her.

The familiar face of the sun summoner was revealed to Winnie as they both wore the same confused expression.

Before either could speak another word to ask the other what was going on, the wind around them picked up quickly.

The peaceful villagers began running past them letting out screams in fear.

The two summoners looked around in confusion, the calming nature of the quaint town destroyed.

Winnie turned around to see a large wall of shadows she recognised as the Fold rapidly move towards the direction where Alina and she were stood.

She moved her arms up to brace herself from the violent shadows that pushed past her.

As she slowly lowered them, she looked around to take in the eerily familiar sight of sheer darkness.

It was a sight that she had been subjected to many times before, and each time seemed to be more frightening than the last.

"Winnie?"

Alina's voice rung out through the shadows that now encased her. She sounded scared.

"Alina?" Winnie shouted out, unable to see where the girl was.

The smallest piece of light shone through the shadows for only a second briefly showing Winnie where Alina was located.

Why did her light go out so quickly? Could she not summon?

Winnie bought her hands out in front of her and tried to summon on her shadows to clear a path to Alina. But nothing happened. A small ball of whirring shadows appeared in between her hands but instantly disappeared.

The crashes of thunder and spits of fire that was spatted across the ground pulled her focus away from her friend and her own abilities.

"Wysteria", a low voice called out from in front of her.

Her eyes rested on a figure laid on the ground dressed in black clothing.

Winnie felt her heart begin to race as she recognised the kefta the person was dressed in.

"Alina", the same voice growled out.

The figure stood up from the ground and Winnie felt her stomach drop.

It was her father.

He's dead.

As General Kirigan reached his full stance, he glanced at Winnie making her look into his eyes. They were soulless, black voids that acted as a mirror to her past.

"Wysteria", she heard him say softly. His voice was as clear as a bell despite him being several feet away from her.

The next thing she knew, he was running in the direction of the two summoners. His face plastered with anger and resentment.