1. Amai Transfers

Ayano Aishi has been stalking Taro Yamada for a year now. It was currently their Junior year, and Ayano was sure that she could confess to him before they were seniors. However, she has never gained enough courage to ask him out. 

As he walked down the halls, looking for his new homeroom class of this year, Ayano followed him suit. So far, the only girl he's been talking to is Osana. Ayano had nothing to worry about anyway, since Raibaru asked Osana out already. But still, she was eavesdropping on their conversation. 

"So Taro, is there anyone at this school that you have feelings for at the moment?" Osana asked. Taro shook his head. "No? Is that bad?" He asked, confused. Osana stopped in her tracks and stared at him. Ayano quickly got on her phone, pretending that she was busy. "Uh, yeah it is? We're 16 going on 17! Have you ever had a first kiss yet?" She exclaimed. Ayano especially paid attention to this part. "Well...n-no."

Ayano smiled at this, as she walked away. She's heard enough for today. As she started to head to Info-Chan's room, she bumped into someone. Ayano sighed, assuming one of the Student Council members pushed her to the ground or something. But as she sat up and looked at the mystery person, she noticed that she had never seen this student before. "Oh, I apologize! I guess I didn't pay enough attention to where I was going." The girl apologized, giggling in embarrassment. She then offered a hand to Ayano, which she hesitantly took.

The two stared at each other, until the girl spoke. "How embarrassing, the first student I'm talking to in this new school and it's because I bumped into them! Well, no use of being strangers now." She then reached to shake Ayano's hand. "So, hello! My name is Amai Odayaka!" Ayano looked her up and down, before shaking her hand cautiously. "Ayano Aishi." She replied. Amai smiled at her. "That's such a pretty name!"

Ayano blushed inside. No one has ever called her pretty before. "Um, do you mind showing me which class I have? This school is larger than the one I went to before." She asked. Ayano thought for a moment before agreeing. 

Turns out, they had the same homeroom together. They sat next to each other, as Amai didn't know anyone yet. "Okay class," The teacher said, "We have a new student this year. Please introduce yourself." Amai looked at Ayano, to which she smiled and ushered her to go up. With all her confidence, she got up to the front of the class. "Hello everyone. My name is Amai Odayaka. Daughter of Haiku and Samuka Odayaka!" Some of the students' eyes lightened up. 

A student raised their hand. "Like, the famous bakers?" Amai smiled. "Yes! I enjoy baking and I even bake some of the pastries there. So if you ever want advice on baking, come to me!" The teacher smiled. "Well that was a lovely introduction Amai. Thank you for sharing!" Amai sat down and the class soon began. It was merely a presentation but it was informative.

After class, Ayano and Amai started to talk in the hallway. Mostly about classes they have this year. To Ayano's surprise, they had mostly all their classes together. How odd. 

Before she could get another word out, Saki Mayuzumi walked up to the two of them. "Hello Ayano! Hello Amai! I wanted to ask you if you would be interested in our cooking club. We could always use more members!" Amai's face lit up. "You never told me there was a cooking class here!" She exclaimed, turning to Ayano. "You never brought it up." She shrugged. Amai snickered, which made Ayano's heart flutter again. "What is that damn feeling?" She thought to herself. She recognized it, but couldn't put her finger on it. "So, are you up for it Amai?" Saki asked.

"Yes! 100 times yes!" She smiled. Saki smiled. "Great, wanna come now? So you know where it is?" Amai looked at Ayano, as if she's asking for permission. Ayano put her thumbs up. "You can go, I'll meet you next class period." She agreed. Amai then hugged her, and ran off with Saki.

Ayano thought to herself as she started to walk to her friend group. "What the hell am I feeling?"