9. A war with no winners (Part 2)

Ayano sighed as she felt Amai hold on to her tight. They’ve just been taken into custody for assault and “attempted murder”. So far, they were just in holding, and their court trial was in 3 days. As much as Amai was dreading for her parents to find out, Ayano was aloof to the whole situation. At her age, her mother was in court for murdering some girls that she could care less about. As much as that put a stain on the Aishi name, it also taught Ayano some key skills. She still remembers what her mom taught her one day. 

Ayano got in trouble for pushing one of her bullies off the swings. The principal of the elementary school had a talk with both Ayano and her mother. “Now Ms. Aishi, this is very unexceptable behavior for your daughter. What do you have to say for yourself Ayano?” He spoke leaning back into his chair. Ayano was about to speak until her mother put her hand over her mouth. “My daughter Ayano has been picked on by these girls for 3 years now, and you’ve done nothing. One of them has even cut my poor child!” Ryoba wept into her hands, nudging Ayano a bit. The principal gasped. “A-Ayano. I-is this true?” He asked. The young girl looked confused, until her mother gave her a look. That look. It told her to lie. Lie straight through her teeth.

Ayano put on her best sad face and raised her shirt to show a cut on her stomach. A fresh one at that. It wasn't from the mean girls, but he didn’t have to know that. “I-I’m so sorry. I never thought those girls would do something that heinous towards your daughter. Please, Ayano, tell someone next time so we can prevent any more of these occurrences. You both are free to leave.”

“Mama.” Ayano said in the car. “Hm?” Her mom hummed. “Why did you lie to that man? Those girls did mess with me, but why did you lie about them hurting me?” She asked, looking at the rear view mirror where her mom watched her. “Ayano, when you’re accused of something, sometimes the truth isn’t enough. While yes, I could’ve told him that those girls just call you names, that wouldn't justify anything in his eyes. Nothing would’ve been resolved without me lying. Do you understand sweetheart?” Ryoba said, smiling at her. “Yes mama.”

So that’s what she was going to do. Bend the truth a bit and put on her best poker face. She just hoped Amai and Kokoro would go through with it without her having to say anything. “What’s gonna happen to us Ayano?” Amai asked, tearing up a bit. Ayano kissed her head and sighed. “I have no clue. But don’t worry. We’ll be fine.” She said in a hushed tone, hugging her girlfriend. “Do you have a plan?” Kokoro asked, looking at the black haired girl. Ayano nodded. “Yes I do. All we need to do is bend the truth.”

-----------

It was the day of the trial. Many news reporters were there to see Ryoba Aishi’s daughter in trial for assault and attempted murder. Because why wouldn’t they be, Ryoba’s court case was international as the first mass murder in a prestigious school, Akedemi. Which was ironic because that’s where the assault happened. As Ayano, Amai, and Kokoro were brought in, all they could see was flashing lights from cameras. It was sad how these people had nothing to do but take pictures of young offenders.

As the three sat down, they saw that Musume and her gang were sitting 6 feet away from them. They looked like shit, which made the jury gasp. Ayano rolled her eyes and put on her best poker face, even though she was freaking out. It didn’t seem like Kokoro or Amai were planning on hiding their fear. As many people in the audience talked and whispered rumors, the judge walked in. “All rise.” The guard spoke as everyone stood up. After reaching the desk, the judge spoke. “Be seated.”

“Before we start this trial, I would like to remind all of you of what happened exactly 40 years ago. The Aishi vs Akedemi trial.” The judge said, to which many people gasped. Amai looked at Ayano for answers. The girl in question looked away in shame. “Ryoba Aishi, mother of one of the defendants, was on trial for murder. However, there was no solid proof to prove that she’s done it. My father was the judge for that trial. Now, are the prosecutors ready to come up?” The judge asked to which they agreed. “The prosecution calls Musume Ronshaku to the stand.”

-------------

“And that’s what happened.” Musume sobbed into her hands. Such bullshit. Guess she forgot when she almost gutted me, Ayano thought to herself. The jury gasped at Musume’s confession and everyone in the audience began to talk to each other. “Order! Order!” The judge announced, banging his gavel on the desk. “Is that all?” He asked the prosecutor. “No further questions, your honor.” “Is the defendant ready?” He asked. “Yes sir, the defendant calls Ayano Aishi to the stand.”

After swearing her in, the lawyer looked at her. “Ms. Aishi” She spoke sweetly. “I was friends with your mother in highschool, so I know almost everything about the Aishi breed. Now, may you tell us what happened that unfortunate day?” Ayano sighed and pretended to tear up, an emotion that no Aishi showed. “I was walking with my partner, Amai, when all of a sudden, Musume threw a cup of soda at me. Kokoro hung around them, but never engaged in any of their activities. And when she didn’t, Hoshiko or any one of them would smack her. But I’m getting besides myself. Amai walked me to the shower room to get cleaned up. While I was showering, the Gyarus walked in with weapons to attack me and Amai. In the process of defending me and Amai, I got injured.” She spoke.

The guard then gave the judge a picture of all Ayano’s scars, which made him sick to his stomach, especially the scar that read “Faggot”.  The picture was then shown to the jury. “You may continue.” The lawyer stated. “So before any more damage could be done to me, Kokoro punched them and defended us.” Ayano finished

After some more testimonies, the jury was ready to come to a verdict. “We the jury found Aishi, Odayaka, and Momoiro…”

A/N: Cliffhanger mwhahahhaha >:)
Nah but sorry for being gone for 2 months. Finals have been kicking my ass but I'm finally done bro! Trust me I'm gonna be posting more🤞