6. Amai needs a break

It was 3rd period, and Amai was staring at Ayano from the back of the classroom. She was thinking about her future with her. How they would run away together and live in a small cabin in the woods. How she would make pies and leave them in the window sill, as Ayano comes home from work. How the birds would tweet a perfect melody, and the two would dance together. Oh how nights together would be. Cuddling, watching the stars, enjoying each other's presence.

Now, contrary to what Ayano thinks, Amai 100% believed in love at first sight. She also believed in soulmates. And she believed that Ayano was her soulmate. Ever since she was young, she believed that her prince would come and save her from her sad reality. Now she knew that it was a princess who would save her.

While she was still in though, not worrying about what the teacher was teaching, she got a notification on her phone. She opened it and saw that it was from her father.

Father: Me and your mother are going to the United States to expand the business. So you'll have to manage the shop until we get back.

Amai was more than concerned. She would even go as far as furious at her parents.

Amai (Me :]) For how long???

Father: If we get that deal, 9 months.

Amai (Me :]) 9 months???? I can't manage the bakery for that long! I'm only 16 years old!

Father: Don't talk back to me. Do we understand each other?

Amai (Me :]) Yes father.

Amai started to tear up. Then she started to sob into her hands. The teacher then noticed and walked over to her. "Amai, dear. Do you need to step out right now?" She asked. Amai nodded while still crying. "Ayano, please take Amai to the counselor office." She ordered. Ayano got up and grabbed Amai. The two walked in the hallway together, Amai sobbing on Ayano's shoulder. Ayano didn't mind.

"What seems to be the problem?" Genka Kunahito, the guidance counselor, asked. Amai stayed silent. Genka then looked at Ayano for help. "She started to sob in class, and she hasn't stopped. It's been 10 minutes." She explained. Genka sighed and put a hand on Amai's shoulder. "I'm gonna send you home." She explained. Amai's eyes widened as she shook her head. "No! I'm okay! Really!" Of course, Genka didn't believe her. So, she started writing the pink slip. Amai looked at Ayano for help. Ayano understood.

"Ms. Kunahito, can I be sent home as well? To support Amai? Her parents aren't home right now and she needs someone." She pleaded. Genka stared at her, then typed something on her laptop. "Well, you are far ahead in all your classes...fine. But only for today." She allowed it. Amai sighed and started to feel a bit better.

-------------

Amai was currently at Ayano's house, fast asleep in her bed. Ayano was sitting at her desk. Info-Chan helped her hack into the Odayaka's Bakery account. She then sent a message out, reading "Sorry customers, but we will be closed for 2 weeks on account of us trying to improve our bakery. Lots of love -Odayaka's Bakery."

When she was done, she turned and smiled at the girl that was asleep. She took a picture of her drooling, and laughed to herself. Then she texted the group chat.

Yan-Chan: Hey guys

Emo: Where are you Ayano? We couldn't find you

Yan-Chan: I'm at home comforting Amai.

Killer Boi: Ohhh, chilling with your girlfriend huh?

Yan-Chan: Shut up >:(

Softie: Anyways, wanna hang out with us after school?

Book Nerd: We're going to a restaurant.

Yan-chan: Sure. Btw, I have a surprise Horuda

Emo: ?

Yan-Chan: Kokoro likes u

Killer Boi: OOOOOOOO

Softie: Confess to her Horuda!

Book Nerd: Gays :p

Killer Boi: No u

Book Nerd: Whatevs bozo

Emo: Ayano I'm gonna need ur help

Yan-Chan: I got u

"Ayano?" Amai said, her face still red from crying. "Hello sleeping beauty." She smiled. Amai blushed and got up. "Can I stay here with you for a while? My parents are leaving for a while." She explained. Ayano nodded, to which Amai smiled. "Thank you Ayano!" She cheered, despite looking like a disaster. Ayano then remembered. "Oh, by the way, do you wanna go with me and my friends to a restaurant tonight?" She offered. Amai smiled widely, but then her smile faltered. "I have work tonight, Ayano." She explained. Ayano shook her head.

"I got it covered. Don't worry about it." She ensured. Amai looked confused, but relieved. "Okay, I trust you Ayano." She gave in. Ayano smiled. "Good, now, do you have a nice outfit? We're going to a 5 star restaurant." She asked. Amai was worried. "Where?" She asked. "Maki's, why?" Ayano asked. Amai then started to freak out.

"I can't afford that!" She panicked. Ayano shrugged. "We're all paying together, and my mom knows the owner, so we got discounts!" Ayano assured. Amai sighed. "Alright, I just need to go home to get dressed." She said as she got up. "I'll walk you home, lemme just get my outfit so I can get dressed there." Ayano explained. Amai agreed and waited downstairs for Ayano. 

A/N: The next chapter is going to probably be the longest! Which means I got a lot of work to do :D