13. New Hair, New Me

A/N: This chapter was lowkey inspired by Yan-Chan's beta design (the top image)

Once they arrived back at Ayano's place, Amai plopped herself on the couch. "What a week..." She breathed, making Ayano snicker. "Yeah. Luckily we have no school tomorrow because the cops want to investigate the school, so we're scott-free." She then sat next to her girlfriend and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her closer. The two cuddled in silence, just enjoying each other's company. Ayano thought about how lovely this all was. So far, she'd love, she'd lost, and she gained. This whole year has been hectic, and it was only the first semester! She just hoped that news wouldn't spread about what really went down that day....that'll be bad.

"Ayano, have you ever cut your hair before?" Amai asked out of the blue. Ayano shook her head. The shorter girl hummed and laid her head on the thin girl's thighs. She looked up at her and smiled. Ayano smiled back, and untied her ponytail, letting her hair down. "You'd look nice with short hair." Amai commented. "And then we can be twins." She giggled. Ayano laughed a little before putting a hand on Amai's cheek "That sounds fun. Although, we can't truly be twins because you look 100 times better than me." The small girl shook her head. "No way. You look 1000 times better than me, Yan-Chan." She retorted. Ayano hummed. "Maybe, but you look 1,000,000,000 times better than me." They then leaned over and kissed Amai's neck, making her giggle and blush. "Okay! You win." She smiled widely. Amai then sat up and stood in front of Ayano. "Let's go cut your hair."

------------------------------------------

Amai stuck out her tongue as she snipped the last piece of Ayano's hair. "That should do it!" She finally spoke, smiling at the finished result. "You look so handsome Ayano!" She commented, making the said girl blush. "Can I look at it now?" She asked. Amai nodded and led her into the bathroom. When Ayano walked in and turned on the light, they were speechless. Amai's face fell. ".....Ayano, d-do you like it?" She asked. When Ayano didn't reply, Amai sighed. "I know it looks bad, b-but-" She then got cut off by her girlfriend sobbing. "A-Ayano!?" She said, shocked by her partner's tears.

"I-I love it...." She finally choked out. Amai let out a sigh of relief as she hugged them. "I'm glad you do Yan-Chan...." She then hugged her and gave her a kiss on her cheek. "You look perfect....although, I do feel like I went a little too short...." Amai commented, wrapping her arms on Ayano's shoulders. "Yeah, but I love it like that. I look more....me." She admitted, running a hand through her hair. It was a short wolf cut, with some hair sticking out at the top that looked like small cat ears. Her bangs were long and covered most of her face besides her right eye and mouth. "I sort of look like Kuu Dere...don't tell them I said that." Ayano muttered, making Amai giggle. "You look so much cuter than them....don't tell them I said that." Amai snickered, making Ayano laugh as well.

The two then walked back to Ayano's room, not even bothering to clean up all the hair off of the floor. They just laid on the bed and snuggled next to each other. Ayano stared at Amai and smiled. "I've been doing that a lot lately..." She muttered. The baker looked up at her while raising an eyebrow. "Doing what?" She asked. "Smiling. I've been doing that a lot around you." She clarified. Amai then gave her a sympathetic smile. "Well....it's kind of been the opposite for me around you...." She coughed. Ayano then sat up. "What do you mean?" She asked. Amai then sighed. "Ayano....." She breathed. "Would you....would you kill someone for me...?" She asked.

To say that Ayano was surprised would be an understatement. She was shook. "Uhm....well....I-I've thought about it once or twice." She said truthfully. "Oh." Amai said, looking away. Why did she have to ask that stupid question? "Have you ever thought about killing someone for me?" Ayano asked, tilting her head a bit. Amai froze for a minute. Would she kill someone for her? She'd run away with her, protect her, take the blame for anything she did, but would she kill for her? "N-not necessarily.....but if I had to then I would." She smiled slightly. "But I doubt that will happen anytime soon....."