Chapter 35- Promises

3rd POV (Time skip - 2pm)

Scott walked in silence, his face darkened as he arrives in the centre of the cabins, the others behind him, and the limp Shelby in his arms. He glances up to see some more of the group running towards them.

"What happened!?" Pearl questions as she sees the injured Shelby and Gem.

"Shelby and Gem fell from a cliff after being cornered by wolves, from what we were able to see" Katherine answers quietly, "Shelby took the most damage from the fall, hence why...-" she trails off as Scott gives her a dark glance.

Scott didn't wish to be reminded of his best friends near death, as he clutches Shelby closer to his warmth, the best he could without causing further damage. H looks at Shelby in shock as he walks up closer and tries to move Shelby's hair away from her eyes to look at the large scar on her forehead, but Scott shoots him an even darker glare, and growls in an angry, pissed off tone, "Don't. Fucking. Touch her...".

H flinches back at the sudden darkness in Scott's voice, lowering his arm to his side and backing up.

"Scott, that's enough" Tay says gently as to not anger Scott anymore.

Scott begins walking to Shelby's cabin as he sees her wounds beginning to bleed even more. Katherine follows after him quickly, while Tay and Lizzie get Gem to her own cabin.

Gem would be able to heal herself a little until Katherine can come to help. For now, Katherine's main focus had to be Shelby, or she would die, and Katherine didn't want to be the one to find out what would happen if Shelby were to die.

How angry Scott would be... She shivered at the thought of it.

Pearl and Kara followed after Scott and Katherine.

Katherine was quick to help pull Shelby's coat, bag, gloves and boots off, tossing them aside, leaving Shelby in a white long sleeved top and her thick brown leggings as Scott lays her down on her bed.

Shelby's top... you almost couldn't tell it was white, as it was stained by blood from Shelby's scars and wounds.

Everybody could see the pain all over Shelby's face. Just by how limp she was, everybody could tell how close to death she was.

Scott glances up at Kara, "Get my cover from my cabin" he says in a low tone.

"But what about you? You'll be cold tonigh-" she's cut off from Scott's face going darker, and him yelling.

"GET. MY COVER. FROM MY CABIN. NOW!" he screams as he saw Shelby's body begin to subconsciously shiver from the cold.

Kara didn't argue, and immediately ran out and made her way to Scott's cabin, before soon coming back with his cover.

Scott took it and held it at the ready to cover Shelby with when Katherine was done being able to heal her today.

Scott's world fell silent as he watched Katherine do everything she could to heal Shelby's scars and wounds. Of course, there was only so much she could do for now, as she would need to spare some potions to help Gem as well. Katherine couldn't use her abilities yet, she still needed time to recharge, but she should be able to heal Shelby a lot more by tomorrow morning.

Her broken leg and arm would be a big task to heal, and could take days to get to a safe point.

It could be a long time before Shelby would be able to walk again.

Scott hated the sight in front of him. Seeing Shelby in so much pain, unconscious, bleeding.

"Pearl, can you grab a wet cloth? So we can clean up the blood" Katherine questions softly.