Chapter 2: |Room|

Chapter 2~ Room

I stayed unconscious on the floor all night. I don't think I would have gotten up in time if it wasn't for both my mom and dad stepping on me at the bottom of the stairs.

They were both in their work clothes and didn't even bother saying anything to me before they left the house in a rush. I struggled to get off the floor because of the intense aching in my back as if she was still sitting on it. My head hurt like a bitch. My knee ached and my face felt hot.

Thankfully, my mom didn't hit as hard as she thought she did. I slowly climbed up the stairs to my room and locked the door. I know they're already gone but I'm not taking any chances. I limped towards the shower and got in.

I didn't want to cry right before going to school so I fought my tears the whole time I was showering.

I quickly got dressed since I was already late for school. I don't usually wear makeup so I didn't have any to cover up the redness in my face. I decided to just let my hair hang over it even though it was wet. By the end of the day, I'm probably going to look like a neglected poodle when it dries.

I sighed heavily and grabbed my things running down the stairs. Wet hair against your face is not pleasant and I don't think I could do this all day. Before getting in my car I checked to see if any of my tires were flat. Last time she attacked me she slashed my front tires and I had to work overtime to get them fixed.

Thankfully they were untouched and I could run to the store before going to school. I would be late but it's fine. After picking up some makeup that matched my skin tone, I watched a couple of videos on how to do it, and when I finished I used a scrunchy to put my hair in a low ponytail.

I don't look like I just got my ass beat anymore.

Instead of walking with my head held high I kept it low anytime I walked past anyone.

"Adina." I heard my name being called lowly and it sounded like it came from Jebby so I turned around. He wasn't around and no one was even looking in my direction so maybe I'm just hearing things. I went to class early and waited patiently for Jebby to come in.

---

"Are you okay with me coming over to your house today?" I packed up my things quickly as my sweet face waited for me to finish so we could talk more about the project.

"Yeah, that's fine."

"Give me your phone."

He gave me his phone unlocked with no hesitation and I put my number in and texted myself. "Send me your address." I handed the phone back to him and he nodded. Please talk I just want to hear your voice some more.

"Do you wanna have lunch with me?" He whispered, his head down, and his face turning red.

I softly grabbed his chin and turned his face towards mine. "No need to whisper, baby. Use that pretty voice of yours."

"Sit with me at lunch." His voice came out deep and demanding as his breath fanned my lips.

"I was going to sit with you anyways," I smirked and let go of his chin. His eyebrows furrowed secretly but I pretended I didn't notice it.

Lunch with Jebby was fun. One of the best moments of my miserable life. He wasn't shy and closed off today. He made jokes and laughed. I now find his laugh very attractive, along with his dimples that just make the name Sweetface fit him even more.

I felt the stares of the people surrounding us at some point but I chose to ignore it and live in the moment. Jebby didn't seem to care and was having fun with me. I didn't want to ruin the mood and miss the perfect opportunity for him to see the good side of me. She can barely come out these days.