Chapter 29: |Despondence|

Chapter 29~ Despondence

Jebblyn's POV:

The cab dropped me off at Addi's apartment. I got into my car and sped to my house. I pulled into the driveway and ran upstairs to get my iron bat. I circled my car twice before swinging the bat into the driver's door. It created a large dent but that didn't satisfy me.

I swung the iron into the window, then the next one, and the next one. I watched the glass break and fall onto the ground like my heart crumbling and sinking somewhere deep into my body every time I pictured her crying and confessing to me.

I kicked at the tires and slashed them with my pocket knife. They deflated just like my body before I sank thinking about how badly I probably hurt her. The tires weren't enough. I punched the side view mirrors and they broke off. I swung my bat into the hood of the car where the engine was. It started to smoke but I didn't care. I found some weird garden tools and hit the car repeatedly until the tool broke.

I had gone mad by this point. Anything I could find I smashed against the car until it broke in my hands. The car had no windows, scratches, and dents everywhere. The engine was damaged and the thing was falling apart. Just like our lives after today.

"Son, what are you doing?" I could hear my mom behind me as I held up the lighter and stared at the car. Tears ran down my face and I quickly wiped them away when I heard her heels clacking behind me. She hesitated, the sound of her approaching me quieting down.

I'm not sure if I should set the car on fire or myself. Every part of me is already burning. Nothing withering away. Not her. Not my feelings. Not anything. Just this constant burn in my chest and the palms of my hands.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I felt my mom's fingers slightly touch my waist and I threw the lighter inside the car. The whole thing started to light up almost instantly. Maybe I should try to drive it like that. Drive it to her and die on the way there because of what I did.

The car was gone. She was gone. The hurt's still here. Destroying the car didn't destroy the sore feeling in my chest.

My legs gave out on me and soon did the rest of my body. I collapsed to the ground and the faded sound of my mother's cry for help was the last thing I heard before drifting off.

Adina's POV:

It was another two days before I had been discharged. Two more days added to the other week of me not seeing or hearing from him. I'm being released into my parent's care. I can take care of myself in my own house. I don't want to stay with them.

They called the ambulance for me so obviously they wanted me to live. If they could do that they could help me throughout the week, right?

I wonder how he's doing. Great without me? Miserable? I shouldn't care but it consumes me so much to the point where I'm always filled with jealousy, rage, or sadness. I just want to know. Did she move in with him? Is she sleeping in his bed? Does she fit like I do when he holds her? Does he want kids with her?

"Miss Gingers?" The nurse peeped in and smiled at me. I sat up and she opened the door wider to reveal my parents. My mom waved a little at me and smiled when the nurse was looking. She came over and sat on my bed. When she took my hand my whole body went rigid. She didn't feel familiar or warm, her actions weren't comforting me because she felt like nothing. I tried to avoid eye contact with her as she smiled at me.

I know all about the wickedness behind those eyes. Her intentions are and never were pure. I wasn't looking directly at her but in my peripheral, I could still feel the creepiness of her gaze in my skin. The nurse left the room and the whole space became quiet and eerie as we waited. They just stared at me. No movement as they did it.