Chapter 3: Blush

*JULES'S POV*

I am having the worst period cramps in history. I sit next to the toilet fighting the urge to throw up when i see a call from Sawyer. I quickly answer it.

"WHATS UPP?" He yells into the phone as usual.A smile instantly pans onto my face hearing his voice.

"I'm sitting next to the toilet because these cramps fucking hurt." I wince.

"That's a L."

What the-

"Kidding, i'm kidding. I'll be there in 10."

This boy i swear.

I hear a knock on the front door, it must be locked. I slowly get up stumbling my way down in pain.

I open the door and Sawyer instantly pushes past me with a bag. He tips it upside down on the coffee table. All types of chocolates, pads, tampons and medicines come out.

"I remember you said when a girls on her period she wants food and comfort and some other stuff i forgot."

I let out a giggle.

"So i got you food." He points to the bag. He then takes a step towards me opening his arms.

"And i'm your comfort." A smile reaches my face as i walk towards him wrapping my arms around his torso nuzzling my head into his chest. His arms wrap around my waist holding me tightly.

We pull away and go upstairs into my bedroom. I lay under the cover of the bed and let out a wince of pain as i move.

"Come here you idiot."

I scooch over to Sawyer in the bed. He wraps an arm around my shoulder which i rest on and his other arm goes under my t-shirt resting on my stomach. He slowly rubs back and forth.

His warm hands ease the pain. I slowly close my eyes snuggling into him more. I feel him place a kiss to my forehead making me have butterflies.

"What did i do to deserve you." I whisper.
"I could ask you the same thing everyday."

I play with the strings of his hoodie as they rest there. He turns on netflix and puts on 'murder mystery 2'

I hear him chuckle at something funny they said. That noise makes my body erupt with tingles. I slowly fall asleep in his hold.

~~

"Both of you wake up." I hear my mum talking. I open my eyes and i'm still snuggled into Sawyer. My cramps hit me again.

"You have school, get up." She says. Sawyer let's out a groan as he starts to move. 

"Mum, i really don't feel good, can i skip?"
"No Jules i'm sick of your games. Go to school."
I let out a sigh as she leaves my room. I wiggle my way out of Sawyers grip and wander into my wardrobe.

I put on my favourite black trackies with a hoodie and my ugg slippers. Sawyer wears the same outfit he fell asleep in. Trackies and a t-shirt.

"I'll drive us." He yawns tiredly. I nod. We hop into his car and he drives us to school.

I move around in the chair uncomfortable with my cramps. Sawyer moves one hand off the wheel resting it under my hoodie on my stomach again.
"Those cramps hurt a lot huh?"
"Mhm."
"Maybe i should be nicer to my sister."
I let out a giggle.
"Maybe."

We walk into school side by side and up to our group of friends.

"Hey guys." They nod at us.
"Hey." Sawyer says. I just nod and lean against the lockers.
"What's with you?" Cliff asks.
"Lady issues."
"Oh."

Everyone is silent for a moment before the bell rings. All of us luckily have the same class togeyher so we wonder our way through the halls.

We take a seat in class and i rest my head on to table.

"Jules do you want some meds?" Sawyer rubs my back up and down. I roll my head over to him with a nod. He pulls some out his pocket and pops them out the packet handing them to me.

I scull them down with water and with-in 15 minutes i'm starting to feel a lot better.

"So the bon-fire still on for tonight?" I look between the gorup.
"Yes."
"Of course."
"I need fire crackers."

We all start chatting about our plans for tonight.

~~

We decide to do the bon-fire at Sawyers's fanilies block of land at the river. We all arrive and set up chairs dumping all of the things out the trailer onto the ground to burn during the fire.

We're all gathered around the flames just relaxing. Sawyer and i are on a smaller outdoor double chair so i drape my legs across his, my feet dangling in the air.

As he is talking he slowly wraps his hands on my legs, his veins showing. His thumbs rub back and forth in a soothing motion. I can't draw my eyes away from him.

I get a notification pulling me out my thoughts. I check my phone and see a message from Hailey on the girls group chat.

*Jules your mad blushing.*

I look up at them with a glare as they all start giggling.

"What's so funny?" The boys look between us all.

"Hailey is being an idiot."

Everyone starts laughing which leads to Dante kicking his legs wheezing and then his boot catches on fire so we all run around trying to find water but Sawyer ends up stomping on it to put it out hurting Dante's foot in the meantime.

All of us cackle as we run around chasing eachother. Moments like these make me feel so calm and content. They make me realise not everything is that bad. These are the moments i live for.

Blush, blush, blush

Blush, blush, blush.

Also i want friends like this