Arrival Part 2

The second group appeared. Unlike the last, this one consisted mostly of animals with a small population of demons.

"Lilac, what's happening?" A white basset hound asked as she hid behind her large floppy ears.

"You want to know what's happening, Charlie?" A large furry man asked. He had four arms, but his clothes suggested he was hiding another set.

"I should be the one asking that!" An Imp yelled before tripping over a rock hidden in the grass. "Shit!"

"Are you... We were so close to getting through that barrier! Why did this happen?!" An anthropomorphic shark asked as she adjusted the sling over her chest to cope with the annoyance. The sling was connected to a pump action shotgun.

"Hello everyone, welcome to the much anticipated reunion!" A booming female voice said. Everyone turned to it and found a woman in heavy white robes and a stone mask. "Greetings, I brought you here to react to an old friend."

"Um, yeah. I don't know who you're talking about, but I don't think it concerns me so... Yeah, fuck off!" The same Imp that tripped response while raising one of his middle fingers.

"On the contrary, you know him quite well." The being snapped her fingers as a display appeared with the same human. He was still restrained in a straight jacket and a gag prevented him from talking. On a closer look, he had dark bags under his eyes and the damp skin on his cheeks showed that he had been crying before he fell asleep.

"Hunter! You know him too?!" Everyone yelled. The shark aimed her gun at the being. Three other animal-like creatures ran to her side and activated magic circles while another shark floated into the air and created two spears out of fire.

"What did you do?!" The shark with the gun demanded.

"I did nothing, however he has been the victim of other gods. You see, prior to what you see, he had a mental breakdown resulting in a violent outburst. The end result was him being tranquilized after killing four people." The shark lowered her gun. She then raised it again, tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

"You're lying!"

"I wish I was. The reason he became violent was because of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, or PTSD." A tall woman walked to the shark and forced her to lower the gun.

"Alice, I understand that you're angry, but we don't know what happened to him. We need to hear her out." She then turned to the woman and took a breath, her zoophobia was still affecting her, but her desire to help her students overcame that. "PTSD affects those who've gone through traumatic events. He's gone through several and hasn't ever shown any signs. Could you please explain what happened after he left?"

"I will, what you'll see was the main reason he has PTSD, but there are multiple factors. I should start with the fact that he has no memory of any of you." A large cheetah stepped between the hurting female and the masked creatures.

"Please elaborate. Why does he not remember us?" He asked. He had a thick British accent.

"Unfortunately, he had his memory erased on three separate occasions. Once after he returned home from Safe Heaven, but he only lost his memory of the time he spent there. The second time was when he came back from the planet Avalice. During that time he aided the new heroes, but was injured to the point he couldn't be saved." The masked creature began.

"I remember... He made sure I couldn't get back to him. He... He was hurt so bad and I couldn't do anything... What happened?" A green wildcat asked, somewhat explaining what happened. It was clear that she was one of the heroes the being was talking about.