13

Spyderasassin: I'm back, Wanda said you guys were worried about me.

Captainachillian: Romanoff! We're glad you're ok! :)

Bironman: I saw some of the stuff they were saying on tv, sounds rough.

Spyderasassin: Yea. Apparently there are protests and everything.

Letbigodsbebigods: non big brains 😰🤡

Spyderasassin: Awww, that's so sweet, thanks Loks.

Letbigodsbebigods: Slay sisters protect slay sisters 🙃

Witchinscarlet: I've never heard more beautiful words.

Witchinscarlet: I'ts bringing tears to my eyes

Spyderasassin: * gives tissues *

Witchinscarlet: 🥺🤧🥺

Spyderasassin: 🤗

Letbigodsbebigods: Watch the lesbians in their natural habitat, an online chat group.

Witchinscarlet: 👉👈🥺

Spyderasassin: 😅 ☺

Gayndalf: As cute as this is, the protests might be a problem, they're planning to set up shop outside hq.

Bironman: When?

Gayndalf: Well... maybe you guys should look out the window

Everyone got up from their respective nooks, crannies and furniture, before approaching the nearest window.

Outside a mob was visibly approaching, there must have been thousands, a sea of signs and shouting idiots, like the rising tide approaching the beach.

Their faint cries growing as they neared.

" DOWN WITH THE BLACK WIDOW!"

Their words rang and echoed through Natasha's head.

She always thought that if she were to be protested, it'd be because of her past.

A specific kill, the sheer number of kills, the fact alone that she had been an asassin.

But here they were, holding up signs with various homophobic slogans and chanting for her collapse.

She didn't cry.

She didn't mutter under her breath.

She didn't pick out individual people in the crowd and insult them in her head.

She just watched.

The other avengers had various reactions.

Some filled with rage.

Others taken by heartbreak.

( Fuck, this rymed. I really wish I could tell you I didn't write a whole poem in my head because of it.)

Others scared.

And others annoyed.

Captainachillian: Gather on the roof. I have an idea.

---

Uncertain, the group of avengers gathered on the roof, looking down below to the swarming masses of picket signs and screaming idiots.

Slowly, Steve approached the edge of the roof, pulling a bullhorn from his belt.

" PEOPLE! WE HAVE HEARD YOUR CRIES! AND WE HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!"