Interrogation

Mustard: I'll spoil something for you kiddos. in challenge 3, the final challenge, you will have to fight me
Ash: What's the 2nd challenge then?
Mustard: -strokes his beard- The second challenge will last for the next 2 years
Gloria: woah!
Ash: -getting excited- Alright!!
Mustard: Challenge 2 will include a number of things that stem from what you learned from challenge 1. Ash, summarize in your words what the goal of challenge 1 was, and from that guess what challenge 2 will include.
Ash: Hmph. Well in my opinion challenge 1 was sort of meant to draw out me and Lucario's aura, truly syncing them for the first time. It's the first layer of aura, and I'm guessing challenge 2 is meant to build on top of that prior knowledge.
Mustard: That's exactly right, but challenge 2 will include much more than just that. You all will experience true training, true enlightenment, and true power. Now that you manage to find that power, you will now need to draw it out, control it, and become one with said power. -puts his hand on Ash's shoulder-
Mustard: I will start you off Ash. You 3 continue on now. Honey dear, can you watch them, make sure they don't drown
Honey: -smiles and laughs- Of course
Mustard: Follow me
-Mustard leads Ash toward his room. Mustard then opens a secret door leading Ash to a basement-like bunker-
Mustard: Now then, before we start anything, I need to ask you something.
Mustard: -turns around with an ominous face and demonic like eyes- Who are you? Answer truthfully now boy.
Ash: H-huh!? Don't you already know!? (This is a dangerous situation, if I say one thing wrong it's over for me. He a stronger trainer and most likely physically superior than me)
Mustard: Yes, I know of your background. Orphan child adopted by prestige professors Kukui and Burnet. That was 4 years ago, was it? What about before that? There are no records of you or your other 4 companions before those 4 years.
Ash: (I didn't think someone would ask about our past this fast, ok breath. Remember what we discussed)
-A flashback to 3 years ago at the dinner table-
Mallow: I think we are all missing a key issue. -breaths in and puts her hands together-
Mallow: How will we explain our past? Don't they have records of people, so what happens when a government official or someone important questions us?
Risa: I thought we went over this like last year?
Mallow: Come on, that excuse can only get us so far. "Random orphan kids who lost their family and all records of their birth suddenly get adopted by 2 famous professors."
Burnet: She is right, last year we managed to get papers for all of you just because of our status. If someone in a higher power were to thoroughly investigate and interrogate you two, it would be trouble. Especially when it comes to you two, Ash and Clemont. You're both working closely with highly respected individuals, be careful not to reveal loads of information.
Ash: Of course, we'll be careful, if someday we do get labeled as criminals then it will leave problems for you guys, and I won't allow it
Clemont: I agree with Ash, but nevertheless I have a solution. It's pretty simple actually, just say we weren't from this continent. We were from the land where the revolutionary army was.
Kukui: Would that really work?
Clemont: It would work perfectly, as of right now it's obvious from our own research that our island is not in this nation. It would make sense for our island to be located within the revolutionary army. Not saying it's 100% certain, but it's the best possibility. We are also technically not lying as well.
Mallow: But what if we get brutally integrated about it
Clemont: -chuckles- What are they going to do? We're just a couple of kids so to them it wouldn't make sense for us to have any information. My second more dangerous solution would be to forge records. One of the reasons I want to work for the Aether Foundation is to get close to Lord Lusamine. Through her, there's a chance I assist the records/birth certificates of people and forge our own
Burnet: -stands up- Don't even think about doing that!! That's too risky, I forbid it.
Clemont: I know I know, it was just a solution though
-flashback ends-
Ash: Yeah, so that's it...
Mustard: -gives Ash a confused look- You don't seem to be lying, I guess I shouldn't dive to deep into it
Mustard: Wait, actually, I want to ask you a few more questions. This time you can only say yes or no. 1st question, are you a part of the revolutionary army, or do you play to go back to it one day?
Ash: No
Mustard: Good. 2nd question, your aura, do you know about it
Ash: No
Mustard: Hmph ok then. 3rd question, do you plan to use my training for evil?
Ash: ... (Evil he says, well it depends. What's evil to him might be good to my own viewpoint, so how do I answer this!?)
Mustard: You look puzzled. Can you not answer
Ash: I don't think I can. The answer I give you could be either good or evil depending on the person that hears it. What I can tell you is that this training, everything we're about to do. I plan to use it all to protect my friends and make their hopes and dreams accessible.
Mustard: -smiles for a quick second- I guess I'm satisfied, well then shall we get moving onto your next obstacle?
Ash: Yes Master!!
Mustard: Good! Hehehe, Ash my boy, I see a fire in you, one that will ignite into a burning sun. I will be thrilled to see how you grow. Now let us commence!

Hello guys, this is Zodiac here. I will take a little 2-3 week break for this series, don't worry, I will return. This is because I have something very special planned for Easter, a little one-shot. I'm hoping to release the first part this Thursday, so stay tuned!!! Have a good Easter break!!
PS: Also this is the cover for the story

 I'm hoping to release the first part this Thursday, so stay tuned!!! Have a good Easter break!!PS: Also this is the cover for the story