Chapter 20 the hero

I was standing outside the mc Ronald's keeping an eye on satan so I can decide if he is a threat or harmless. This girl with red hair walked up to me.

"I seen you with Andrew and Dante at there apartment. Who are you?"

"Bad manners asking who someone is without giving there name first."

She crossed her arms and gave a look. (You know the look) I sigh and I bow dramatically.

"Johnathan Flint. If you're familiar with my friends then you probably know I'm not your typical guy. Emilia the hero."

"I know there horsemen. And the horsemen are servants of satan."

"Haha you couldn't be further from the truth on that. We are horsemen but we don't serve anyone. We're the guardians of humanity."

"We? So you are a horseman then. War I suppose given your attitude."

"Wrong."

She then grew a look of shock before she summoned her blade and was about to attack when a bang was heard and her sword flew away and disappeared. She looks back and seen me holding despair with a smoking barrel.

"Shouldn't play with knives miss hero." I then removed the berrior around us and she realized that I was actually waiting for her the whole time.

"What do you want with me?"

"I want to know everything. And I'll determine if I'm going to eliminate satan. And by extension you should you prove hostile."

"But I'm the hero. Why should I listen to death?"

"Because miss hero death always wins. It's only a matter of when. It could be years or if you continue to irritate me it could be now for you. So please cooperate."

She sighed then told me everything. Her childhood in her home world, the church taking her from her father only for her village to be destroyed shortly afterward by satans army, her quest to defeat satan and free her world from his evil and follow him through the portal to ensure he didn't return.

"And I guess because your world has a different magical frequency you don't have access to your magic easily here? Because magic is plentiful here."

"It's the only explanation I can find. I'm worried that satan will figure that out and gain his power again."

"Andrew thinks he can build his power with human fear. He told me about Lucifer and the high priests attack a few weeks ago. Lucifer had his power and satan regained his powers briefly. You got lucky he couldn't maintain it."

She went to say something but I cut her off.

"I truly hope that you're not like hero's I've met in the past Emilia I truly do. However I've put down so called heroes before because they proved arrogant and posed a threat to humanity. I'm glad we had this chat. Good day miss hero."

I then walked away. I returned to Andrew's apartment.

"So how'd it go John?"

"Satan seems harmless if he has magic it's heavily depleted if not gone entirely. He does his job at mc Ronald's well but otherwise he's unremarkable."

"So what do you think we should do?"

"Well we continue to observe for now. I also sensed divinity from the sfc. But it wasn't the same as Michael I bet it's a angel from there world. I recommend caution."

"I'll check it out. Chiho also said that sadao is being sent to a mc Ronald's at the amusement park in a few days and invited us to go with them to a day at the park."

"Eh why not. We have to observe him anyway."

"Alright I'll let them know."

"I'm going to head out again. I'm going to check out that sfc and see what's up."

I then left and when I was getting on my motorcycle a girl with a kimono walked up to me.

"Salutations good sir. My name is Suzuno Kamazuki I am good sadaos neighbor down the hallway. I noticed you were friends with mr Andrew."

"I am. But you should know girly I can notice a assassin hiding in plane site easily your not fooling me."

Her expression went dead serious.

"How did you know?"

"Because we have a similar profession. Kinda. I am known as the grim reaper and the horseman death. I assume you're hear from the other world? Probably the church sent you to eliminate satan?"

"Indeed. It is as you say. I am curious how could you tell?"

"How you dress, how you talk, how you act super old fashioned. It's really easy. But you have to commit to it now because if you change your everything now you'll blow your cover. I have places to be so we can talk later."

I fire up my bike and ride off. When I arrived at sfc I walked in. The divinity was radiating from the guy with the blue hair and the sunglasses that made him look like a dick. I walked up to the counter and decided to order a bucket for the boys.

"Hello welcome to sfc. How can I take your order?"

"I'll take a bucket."

"Of course sir it'll be right up in a minute."

I seen the devils accomplice and the hero and another woman sitting in the corner.

"Here's your order sir."

"Thanks. So since when did angels start running fast food restaurants?"

"Are you hitting on me?"

"You and I both know that I'm not. Your leaking divine energy. But it's different from the angels I know like Michael and Gabriel. Your from that other world aren't you. So why are you here? Oh and before you try and lie to me I'm the Grimm reaper and death the Horsemen. If you lie to me I will add another angel to my tally."

"I'm here to destroy satan."

"Well you're not needed here go home we're going to take it from here."

He seems to have gotten offended by that.

"I am a angel and I will not take orders from a some human."

I released some of my magical energy that comes with my sacred gear and he seems to have been afraid.

"I didn't realize that you were actually death. I thought you were lying. I'm so sorry please don't kill me."

"Go home. I'll give you a week. Oh and thanks for the food."

I walked out of the restaurant.