Partner project

Y/n P.O.V~

I sighed as I opened my eyes and yawned while stretching before I sat in bed, stretching my neck. I got up and out of bed, quickly dressed, exited my room, and joined my roommates for breakfast. I promptly ate breakfast with Genji and Cassidy, which was nice, but sadly nothing ever lasts forever, and we had to get to class very quickly. The three of us got through our first few classes, which were nothing special. After the first handful of types, it was off to science class; as my friends and I quickly took our seats, Winston stood up, clearing his throat as he spoke.

Winston:" Good morning, class; today will be slightly different. Today we will be starting on a little project."

I sighed as I slammed my head against the table I was sitting at as I spoke.

Y/n:" God, damn it, of all the fucken things we have to do, why does it have to be a group project."

Genji smiled as he put his hand on my shoulder while he spoke.

Genji:" Hey man, I know group projects are no fun, but we can work together to make this unpleasant experience somewhat bearable."

I sighed as I looked up at my friend and spoke.

Y/n:" Yeah, good point."

Winston spoke up again as I turned my head to face the ape.

Winston:" Now, I've already assigned you your partners."

Y/n:(Shit.)

I sighed as I waited for him to announce who my partner was with anticipation. Winston began to read out names making everyone know who their partners were as I waited for a few minutes wanting to know who I was paired with.

Winston:" Okay, now Y/n L/n and in Ameile Guillard."

I sighed as I smacked my palm while I spoke.

Y/n:" Shit."

Everyone stood up from their tables and went to find their partners; I stood up and walked over to Amelie, sitting at her desk. I sighed to myself and sat down next to her as I spoke.

Y/n:" Hi."

Amelie:" Bonjour."

Amelie and I sat in silence, looking at each other for a second before I spoke up again.

Y/n:" I'll go get the papers."

Amelie waited at the table as I quickly stood up and grabbed the papers needed for the project. I promptly returned to the table Amelie and I were at as I sat down again and spoke.

Y/n:" Okay, let's start."

Amelie nodded as she picked up a pen, and we started our project. Amelie and I worked on our project, and the two of us not talking with each other. I looked up from my paper at the black-haired girl. Amelie looked back at me, our eyes meeting briefly; we quickly looked away from each other. I sighed as I looked down at my paper; I sighed as I finished writing on my form, as I gripped my pen tighter as I thought to myself.

Y/n:( Damn it, this is getting too damn awkward. I have to say something to her, but what the hell can I say that won't make this uncomfortable.)

Y/n:" Hey, Amelie, want to hear a joke?"

Amelie looked up at me as she shrugged and spoke.

Amelie:" Sure."

I grinned as I spoke.

Y/n:" Why did the cat get divorced?"

Amelie sighed as she spoke.

Amelie:" I dahn't know why?"

Y/n:" It was a Cheetah..."

Amelie looked at me for a second before she let out a slight chuckle as her face contorted into a grin. I then began laughing with her; we laughed a little longer before we stopped as Amelie's amber eyes met mine as she spoke.

Amelie:" Okay, I've gaht one fahr you."

I grinned as I spoke.

Y/n:" Alright, shoot."

Amelie:" A dentist and a manicurist decided to get divorced...they fought tooth and nail."

I let out a laugh as we continued to laugh and joke with each other as we joked and finished up class. As the bell rang, signaling the classes ended as I was about to leave, Amelie grabbed my arm, making me look back at her as she spoke.

Amelie:" Thanks for that, Y/n; it's been a while since I've had a good laugh, especially about my divorce."

I smiled back at her as I spoke.

Y/n:" No problem; if you ever need a laugh, I'm here."

Amelie and I smiled at each other as we left the classroom.

Author:" Hey, everyone; sorry for not updating for a while. Let's just say life has been tough lately."