Meet them

It was night, and it was dark out. You were driving home from work. Oh how you hated it work. Your boss could care less about you. You practically do all the work and get none of the credit! As you were driving, you see three kids walking in the streets. Though it was raining, you could make iut the figures...but they weren't like anything you've ever seen! Two if them had tentecals and the other was just a manta ray...with flippers for legs. People in the street continuously honked at the three children to get out of the road. But the poor things couldn't see, it was raining too hard and too loud. You decided to take action and run out into the street to get them. The kids scream as you pick them up and shove them into your car. "What are you kids doing!?" You yell. "You could've been hurt!" You say. But the three kids aren't listening, instead, they are trying to escape your car. The one with the yellow tentacles is banging on the door, the blue tentecaled one is trying to help the yellow one. And the manta ray is just crying his heart out. "EVERYBODY STOP!" You shout. The three kids look towards you before starting to cry. Yeah...maybe yelling at kids who can't speak engish wasn't the best idea. "W-wait...can you guys speak english?" You ask. The kids stop crying and stare at you. They began speaking in a weird language you couldn't understand. It sounded like they had water in their mouths. "I guess you can't." You sigh, as you begin to drive home.
Once you arrive home, you get the kids out of your car and into your two storied home. The kids stay huddled next to you, and followed you around the house like a needy dog. You then take them to the guest room. "Sleep?" You ask. The kids look at you, rather confused. "Sleep." You say, as you play out a sleeping motion. "S-slip?" The yellow one asks. "Sleep." You repeat more slowly. "Sl...sleep?" The blue one asks. "Yes!" You nod. "Sleep!" The yellow one says as she points to the bed. "Go...to...bed." You say as you play out the words you said.
For about 2 hours you and the three kids were learning new words. And soon enough, they said they're names to you. Shiver, the blue one, Frye, the yellow one, amd Big man, the manta ray. You didn't know much about them, but you did know that they weren't from here. You could also tell by their sizes that they were about 3-4 years old. "Maybe...I should get them beds...I don't want them all in one bed together. And I can't just send them out again. They could get killed." You sigh to yourself.
You leave the house to go get what you need, you'd be back.

"Done!" You smile as you wipe the sweat off your forehead. In one room that you never use, you decided to make it into the three kid's bedroom. Shiver's bed had a blue shark patterned blanket with a shark plushie. Frye's bed had a yellow eel patterned blanket with an eel plushie. And Big man had a grey and black manta ray blanket with a manta ray plushie. You put them in their beds and they were out like a candle. "Wow...looks like I'm a dad...for now..." You mumble as you walk to the kitchen. Within a few minutes if you being in the kitchen, you hear tiny footsteps behind you. You turn around to see Frye with her eel blanket amd sucking her thumb. The cutest scene ever. "Frye, what are you doing up?" You ask. "F-food." Frye says as she points to the cookie jar. "Oh no. Not cookies. That'll make you hyper." You say. Frye frowns and once again reaches for the cookies. You then put them up where she couldn't see them, making Frye very angry. "FOOD!!" Frye screams. What have you done? "No. You can have something healthy to eat." You say as you hand Frye a big apple slice. But she throws it on the ground and stomps on it. "FOOD!" Frye shouts. "Well you're not gonna get anything if you keep yelling like that." You say sternly. Even though Frye didn't entirely know what you were saying, she knew you weren't going to give those cookies to her. Frye then began crying and screaming. "Frye, stop. You can have something else other than a cookie." You say. Shiver then comes downstairs, rubbing her eyes. "Why?" Shiver asks as she looks at Frye who's still crying. You didn't want to tell Shiver. If she knew there were cookies, she'd probably want some to. "Go to sleep." You say. Shiver whimpers as she goes back upstairs. "Frye, go to sleep." You say sternly. "I no want to!!!" Frye sobs. You pick Frye up and carry her to her room. Big man wakes up upon hearing Frye's crying and covers his ears. "Frye hush hush!" Big man winces. "No!" Frye yells. "Sleep." Big man says. "No!" Frye shouts. You then put Frye on the bed a bit ruffly. "Stay!" You say sternly. You then leave the room, and you don't hear a peep out of Frye afterwards.

The next day, you woke up to Frye in your face. "Up up!" Frye smiles. Big man also comes into your room. "Opps." Big man says as he bites his flipper. "Opps?" You ask as you follow Big man out of your room to see ink all over your floor. "What happened?" You ask. "I no hold." Big man said. It took you a little bit, but you soon realized that Big man was talking about an accident. "Oh...buddy that's okay." You say as you rub his head. "Clean?" Big man asks. "Yes." You smile as you go get a mop and cleaning products. You then come back upstairs and begin moping the floor where Big man had his accident. It's a bit weird they were still having Oppsies at this age. Shouldn't they have been potty trained...were they orphans? You didn't know. "Alright kids. We need to go learn new words." You say after cleaning the floor. The trio walks to the couch as you begin teaching new words. And you are amazed. They were almost speaking fluently. "I like learning new word!" Frye smiles. "Words." You correct her. "Words?" Frye repeats. "Yes, good job." You smile. "What do we call you!?" Shiver asks. "Call me...Mr Dawn." You smile. "O-oh...okay. Um...but...I'm hungry." Frye murmurs. You are still amazed on how they learned words so fast. "You can have 1 cookie. But that's it." You say. Frye runs to the kitchen to go get her cookie. But...she was in their for a pretty long time. At least 4 minutes had passed. What was she doing? You walk into the kitchen to see Frye holding about 7 cookies in her hand, and one in her mouth. "Frye!" You shout as you walk up to her. Frye jumps at the sound of your voice and quickly turnd around to try to hide the cookies. "Show me the cookies." You say sternly. "I don't have them!" Frye says. Why are little kids such terrible liars? "Show me." You say sternly. "No!" Frye screams as she runs away with the cookies. Were you actually going to have to chase a 4 year old over some cookies? You begin running, and even though she's young, Frye is incredibly fast. But you soon catch her. "Give me back my cookies!!!" Frye screams. "Now you'll get no cookies." You say. "Noooo!!! WAAAA!!!" Frye sobs. "I told you to only get 1 and you got 8!" You say as you put the cookies away. Frye storms off as you put the cookies in an higher hiding spot. You sigh in relief. What would have happened if you didn't catch Frye stealing? Wait...why was a three year old stealing? That was a very unsettling topic you had no interest in.