Stained

You wake up to a rustling sound in the kitchen. No lights were on...which was odd. You slowly get off the couch and walk into the kitchen to see Big man taking and eating all the food he can get. "Excuse me young man." You say sternly. Big man quickly looks up at you with wide eyes. "H-hi daddy!" Big man laughs nervously. "What's behind your back?" You ask. "O-oh? Psh! It's nothing." Big man laughs. "Then may I know why you're down here in the middle of the night?" You ask. "I was just...getting a midnight snack, daddy." Big man explains. "Looks more like a midnight meal to me." You frown. "I'm sorry....I'm just really REALLY hungry!" Big man whines. "You may be having a growth spurt, buddy." You sigh. "I-it won't happen again!" Big man stutters. "It's okag lil bud. I'm gonna have to go shopping for your little upgrade stage anyways." You smile. "Won't Sharkie and Lil Eel be mad?" Big man asked, refering to Shiver and Frye. "No they won't. I'll give them something to eat too." You smile. Big man goes back to bed and you go to your room as well. Until about 4 hours later, you wake up to heavy footsteps across the hallway. You slowly get up and follow the sounds of were the foot steps were, it led to Frye's room...? You put your ear to the door. "No, no, no...agh! Shiver's gonna kill me!!" Frye murmurs. "No she won't, she's understanding." Big man replies. "Like how she was so understanding when her friend broke her favorite lava lamp and they ended up in the hospital?" Frye asks. "Oh...yeah..I forgot about that." Big man whimpers. "Oh...what am I going to do!?" Frye whines. "Throw it in the trash, she probably won't notice and think she just misplaced it." Big man smiles. "Oh yeah, because I always find my clothes in the trash too." Frye says sarcastically. "Dad...what are you doing?" A voice asks from behind you, it was Shiver. "Oh...uh, hi baby cakes." You smile nervously. "I was just uh...listening to the...wood?" You reply. "Dad, don't be weird." Shiver sighs as she walks to her room. You then knock on Frye's door. "Oh no! What if that's her!?" Frye panics. You hear the door nob turn, and it was Big man. "O-oh! Don't worry Frye, it's just daddy." Big man smiles. You walk into the room and then over to Frye. "Frye...did something happen?" You ask. "I-I may have...accidentally...stained Shiver's favorite shirt..." Frye winced. You sigh as you pinch the bridge of your nose. "A-are you mad?" Frye asks. "No...but Shiver will be." You sigh. Just then, Shiver walks in. "Guys, I can't find my favorite shirt. Have you seen it by chance?" Shiver asks. "N-nope!" Frye stutters. "Okay." Shiver sighs. "Frye just...come clean. She'll forgive you." You smile. "And risk her getting me into the hospital? Yeah, I'll pass." Frye grumbles. "Dad! I-I can't find my shirt!" Shiver says from downstairs. Her voice is shaky but also keeps some hostility. "Frye, just tell her." You say sternly. "But dad!" Frye shouts. "No buts! Go." You say. Frye whimpers before walking downstairs. "Frye...please tell me you've seen my shirt...I-I can't..." Shiver begins as she begins to shake. You can see the fear in Frye's eyes. She didn't want to break her sister's heart more than she already had. "I...I know where your shirt is..." Frye winces. "By your tone...I'm guessing something happened to it..." Shiver murmurs. "Yeah...and I'm really sorry. Like...if there was a word to describe how sorry I am, I'd use it." Frye sighs. "I..loved the design on your shirt...a-and I wasn't thinking. I had a a little fun in arts and crafts that day and it's stained now..." Frye whimpers. "Are you kidding me?" Shiver asks. "No...a-and I'm sorry..." Frye sighs. Shiver looked like a mess of emotions, from anger to confusion to sadness. "I hope you can forgive me..." Frye sighs. Shiver then calmed her expression and gave a kind smile to Frye. "It's okay Frye, I was probably gonna out grow it any day." Shiver smiles. "Are you not upset?" Frye asks. "Nah, it's cool." Shiver grins. You were even a bit shocked by this. "I guess I need a new one." Shiver sighs. "Uh huh....you sure you're okay? I thought you'd go ape on me." Frye mumbles. "I'm not a 5 year old, Frye. I can handle my shirt being stained." Shiver scoffs. "Plus. I guess it was only right. Cause I may have...stained your eel plushy..." Shiver winces. "You WHAT!?" Frye screams. "Well you stained my shirt so at least it's fair now!" Shiver argues. "Were you never gonna tell me about that!?" Frye yells. "You would've found out eventually!" Shiver shot back. "Alright, break it up you two." You say sternly. "Dad! How are you gonna let Shiver staining my eel just pass you by?" Frye snaps. "Sweetie, this is not a discussion for today. Please go to your room." You say sternly. "Ugh! This is so stupid!" Frye huffs. "Daddy...c-can we have pizza tonight?" Big man asks. "Tonight is not a night daddy feels like talking about food, okay buddy?" You ask. Big man whimpers but nods. "I'll make sure we get something later." You smile. "Frye to your room, now please." You say sternly. "I hope you die." Frye snarls. "Excuse you young lady?" You ask. "To your room NOW! And DON'T Come Out Until I tell you to." You say sternly. "Y-yes daddy..." Frye whimpers as she quickly runs up the stairs. "You too Shiver, I want you in your room." You say sternly. "Why does Big man never get sent to his-" Shiver begins. "I'm not gonna ask you again Shiver. In your room Now." You say again. Shiver sighs and walks up to her room. "That attitude better be gone by the time I get upstairs." You say sternly. "Daddy...why are you always made at them?" Big man asks. "Because they aren't very respectful." You sigh. "Well just for one night can you not yell at them. I want to go out and eat together." Big man whimpers. "I guess." You sigh.