Chapter 1 - 10

ʚChapter 1 The Age of Shadows

    Mo Bei woke up in the dark, as far as he could see, it seemed like eternal night, so dark that it was disturbing.

    She was obviously playing a game just now, the new expansion pack of "Glorious Continent" public beta - Shadow Age, just after updating and logging in to the character, she came here in the dark.

    So, did she enter the game, or did the game become reality?

    Mo Bei didn't want to judge lightly. She stood where she was and subconsciously squinted her eyes, trying to see if there were any unknown creatures approaching in the dense night.

    "Brilliant Continent" is the hottest game in recent years. There are two initial occupations, "Lord" and "Adventurer", and the corresponding game modes are "Simulation Management" and "Exploration Adventure".

    The occupation in the game is not static. Players can modify their wishes at any time through various "opportunities" in the game, but the two are mutually exclusive and can only choose one.

    Mo Bei chose the lord profession in the game. At the beginning, there was a small village for her to manage, and later it gradually expanded, changing from a village to a town, from a town to a city, and finally had a subsidiary territory, becoming a veritable "Lord Lord".

    The map section of "Glorious Continent" is very large, and there are many race settings. Whether it is a lord player or an explorer player, it is difficult to explore all of them in a short time. So the original version has been in operation for three years, and then the first expansion piece "Shadow Age" was ushered in.

    Then something went wrong.

    According to the background description, the human Holy See crazily suppressed other races, exiled the elves, drove out the dwarves, isolated the mermaids from the land, and tried to dominate the entire glorious continent.

    As a result, under their leadership, the altar enshrining the five glorious orbs of "wind, water, fire, wood, and earth" fell down one after another. When the light of the last orb was also extinguished between heaven and earth, the entire Brilliant Continent was plunged into chaos. The boundless darkness.

    Some people say it's a curse, some people say it's the wrath of the gods, but the player group, including Mo Bei, understands that this is the start of the new expansion pack.

    According to the information released in advance on the official website, it is now the fifty-first year that the mainland has fallen into darkness. People have not yet evolved to adapt to the darkness, and with the attack of the dark tide, many towns have been abandoned, and the surviving races are struggling.

    "Lord-type" players should maintain their territory at this stage and become a "refuge base" in the dark to provide help for NPCs and players.

    The "explorer" players will transform into "dark walkers" who can see things in the dark, and go to every corner of the continent to find the five missing orbs, bring them back to the refuge base with an altar, and re-enshrine them. A ray of hope reappearing in the light.

    So here comes the question, as a "lord-type" player, what about Mo Bei's own city of Sa, which has grown to level five?

    Well, the name is random. In order to compete for the top 1,000 gift packs to enter the game, Mo Bei didn't waste any time on it. After a quick glance, he found that it didn't sound bad, so he just clicked OK.

    If she is in the game now, why should she have a control panel? If she arrives in the real world based on the background of the game, then at least a city should be returned to her?