Chapter 1 First day back

Mildred started her 6th year at Cackles. She was always known as the worst witch during the 4th and 5th years, but since then she got better at spells. She enjoyed going home during the summer and spending time with her mum and dad. Mildred always wondered how she was able to do magic because both her parents were muggle. She looked exactly like them as well. For clarity, she asked her mum "Am I adopted?" Her mum looked worried and told her, "Yes you are.  We don't know why you look like me and your father. We both have no clue. I was wondering this year, could you find out where you got your magic skills?" Mildred was so excited and said "Yes please."

Back at Cackles, Mrs Cackle and Miss Hardbroom were in Mrs Cackles's office, talking about what's happening this year. Amelia said "Well Mildred and her classmates are turning 16. So this year all the students are required to do separate projects and a presentation about any subject. They are also needed to discuss what they discovered from the project. The student will only be able to ask a teacher for help and not their friends. The friends can discuss what they are doing but they can not help eachother out. What do you think of the rules Constance?" Constance thought it was perfect. She asked Amalie "Could I miss 3 weeks of the start of term, but then I could help out later?" Mrs Cackle looked at Constance. She understood why she was wanting the 3 weeks.''That's a long time off to request for. Why 3 weeks this time and not 2 like you always ask for?" Miss Hardbroom thought and said "Well it has been exactly 20 years since I was 16. Since that fatal day happened." Amelia didn't know what she was on about, but Mrs Cackle allowed her to go, and MissHardbroom disappeared so quietly and quickly.