Chapter 2 the challenge

The 6th graders were arriving at the gates of Cackles. Everyone was excited to begin their new year. Mildred ran up to see Maud, Enid, Jadu and Ruby. "Hey everyone, did you have a good summer?" All her friends said "Hey Mildred! Yeah it was great." The girls walked to the main hall, Mrs Cackle greeted them all and said. "This year girls, there will be no classes. You will all need to come up with a project all on your own and present it at the end of the year. Your parents get to see what you have been working on." All the girls were shocked and very interested at the same time. Mrs Cackle added "There are three rules. One, it has to be on your own. Two, none of your friends can help, but you can tell them what you are doing if you want to. Three, only the staff can help you and that is it." So all the girls walked into their rooms and thought about what they wanted to do. Of course Mildred already knew what she was going to do. She thought "What a great way to show people I am extra special. I got two mums and dads and I am adopted."

The following day all the girls were eating breakfast Ethel said "Mrs Cackle where is Miss Hardbroom?" Mrs Cackle look at her and said "She told she needed 3 weeks of before she can help anyone so if you need help on potions I will gladly try to understand" Maud said to Mildred "This must feel weird 3 weeks without HB hope nothing dreadful happens to the school before her arrival"

then all the girls went separate ways Mildred went to the library and tried to find a spell to help her find her bloodline but found nothing she thought it was going to be useless but she did find something interesting that this year of all year a mist supposed to cover the school in a couple of days she rushed to see Mrs Cackle knocked on her door she walked inside. "Mrs Cackle I found this book in the library saying that a mysterious mist is coming to our school in a couple of days" Mrs Cackle look at the book and was surprised "Oh my gosh this mist hasn't happened for 20 years last time it happened the whole school got Dragon pox this is serious I need to phone a nurse witch to give you girls the vaccine go along Mildred" Mildred walked out the door and Mrs Cackle was on the phone to the nurse sometime later the nurse arrived.