𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

Surprise lol! Felt like updating again so here were are. :)

ೃ⁀➷

James trailed, usually behind me, for the remainder of the week, glowering at anyone who looked at him as he suffocated under his mask.

Celebrities.

I wondered if he'd done it to prevent himself from getting killed- there would be uproar. The oh so great DG, murdered.

The Tragedy.

I should write a book after; The Tragic death of one handsome pink haired- muscly-

I cleared my throat, my hands pausing over my keyboard as I finished filling in the excel sheet, commencing the end of the week. A tension had cleaved into my shoulders, a waiting dread for tonight.

Tonight, our first and maybe last mission together.

Tomorrow, I would find out if my usefulness and expended.

James's piercing grey stare drilled into the side of my head as I saved the document and logged off the monitor. We hadn't spoken a word to another- well, I had tried, but it came out as a stammering mix of uselessness and awkward conversation starters which were met with complete, utter silence.

Curse you, pink haired fucker.

"So, um..." I trailed off awkwardly, running my hand through my dark purple locks. It was quite the contrast, really. His pink hair and the white clothes he favoured, and my dark purple hair and dark clothes I favoured.

But our personalities certainly didn't match our... choice of aesthetic.

His eyes pierced into mine like a tidal wave, almost taking my breath away. Shame such a face is wasted on someone like him...

At least he wasn't glaring anymore.

"Am I to go home? Or..."

"We stay here. Eugene has already delivered our attire for the night."

Holy shit.

His tone was husky, his voice like a symphony, with each word a delicate note in a beautiful composition. It shouldn't have been so shocking, he was a singer, for goodness-sake.

Sure, I'd never listened to his music or watched any podcasts or interviews with him in- I was very particular about my music choice – mostly depressing shit which made me sadder, but it was good to me.

Deep breath. Deep breath, it's just a voice.

"Okay..."

The thing was, I wasn't, like, totally antisocial. When I did have friends in high school, I was actually really chatty and, I guess; fun. It just takes me a while longer than others to warm up to people before I can be even slightly comfortable around them.

Since I hadn't had friends since high school, it'd only gotten worse.

But, for some reason, it didn't really affect me when speaking to my 'normal' clients. Sure, the side job was scary as fuck, but I loved meeting new and old clients, they were just... easier to talk to.

I was in my element.

They were a job, that was it.

This was a job too, but it was just...

Different.

I shuffled towards a single, oak coloured cabinet in the corner of my office, shielded from view by a huge, leafy plant in a marbled case.