𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

I've got a longer lookism fanfic coming out soon ;))))

ೃ⁀➷

After waiting for a couple minutes, I slowly re-opened my bedroom door, finding James dressed in nothing but a pair of grey sweatpants, his form strewn over my couch as he typed on his phone.

He glanced up, watching me as I walked towards the kitchen, opening the fridge and slamming down a whole watermelon on one of my wooden chopping boards.

"Would you like some?" I asked. No matter how much I wanted to deny it, I had gotten slightly more comfortable with the guy, meaning- conversations were an easy thing- most of the time.

"Please."

Cutting four slices for the both of us, placing them on two grey ridged plates, I sat down next to him – a safe enough distance between us- and passed him the plate.

I had to turn the TV on, the silence would have killed me slowly otherwise.

Munching away at the watermelon, my eyes on the TV, I didn't notice that he was watching me until I had placed my finished plate on one of the counters in front of me.

"Why are you looking at me?" I asked, my eyes darting around the room as a red hue splashed my cheekbones- again.

It was then that I noticed my nipples were well defined - and obvious – through my tank top, my midriff exposed.

Why the fuck didn't I put on a Jumper?

I flinched slightly as he tucked a loose strand of purple hair behind my ear, something – what was that; possessive? – flashing through his gaze for a split second. It made me wonder if I had imagined it.

"Treading on dangerous waters, Ri," He murmured, his face inches from my own.

Swallowing, trying to act unaffected, I raised an eyebrow. "Ri?"

His lips twitched again.

"It was that or Purple."

I spluttered. That's was the same nickname that man- Goo, gave me.

"Maybe I should call you Pinkie," I teased. I had absolutely no idea where this slight confidence was coming from. My heart thumped rapidly in my chest as his eyes searched my face for something.

He let out a full-blown smile.

Holy Shit.

James Lee was handsome, probably the most handsome, good-looking guy I had ever seen.

When he smiled?

He looked like an angel, waiting at the gates of heaven to bring me my reckoning.

"I bet you would."

Our faces were so close together now, I was surprised our lips hadn't brushed. His strong arms settled either side of me, locking me inside his- embrace?

Our lips brushed for a split second- a split, beautiful second. Static energy spread from my lips, right down to the butterflies swarming against my gut.

They had hammered and hammered against my iron cage with each look from the other man, before finally breaking free, reaping havoc on my insides.

Then my phone ran, and I came back to reality.

This was the notorious James Lee, not some flirty schoolboy.

We wrenched away from one another; his jaw clenched so hard it was a surprise it didn't break. I hastily grabbed my phone, running to my room and slamming the door shut.