𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

ೃ⁀➷

The flight to Japan was a short one- and a comfortable one. Flying first class, with amazing food; what couldn't be better.

Except the fact that I knew James had murdered somebody.

It didn't take me long to figure out the facts- I was a hacker! He killed Gapryong Kim, and Charles Choi, Chairman of HNH Group, covered it up. It made more sense to why James had worked under Charles Choi- blackmail.

And now he was being blackmailed by Eugene, with the dim hope of the evidence being erased.

I didn't know how to feel, really.

Once we had landed in Japan, James led us to a hotel- the wrong hotel.

"Hey-" I stammered out as James almost dragged me towards the pristine looking Hotel. "This is the wrong hotel!"

James ignored me, going up to the front desk, stating his fake name: Jamie Park. We were apparently newlyweds on our honeymoon.

You could say I almost combusted when he told me that on the plane.

Once we reached our room, on one of the highest floors, James sat me down on one of the sofas in the huge open space area.

I watched, mouth open in amazement, as he kneeled in-front of me, clasping my hands tightly in his. "I know you heard."

Heard? Oh shit-

I stammered out a string of nothing, only shushing when he placed a calm hand on my shoulder as he lifted to sit next to me.

"I'm not going to kill you."

I could tell by his tone that he was being honest. This wasn't the cold, emotionless James I had come to know in the past month and a half. It wasn't the teasing man in my apartment, either.

This was utterly real.

I believed him, I did. Maybe that made me a naïve fool, almost asking for her own death to happen. But- I didn't care.

"I know," I murmured. "I also know you killed Gapryong Kim," I blurted out, cursing myself for running my mouth as I watched him tense.

I rubbed the back of my neck, looking at my gleaming white air-force ones. "I won't tell anyone. I mean, I'm a hacker. Look into a few things here and there, and it comes up."

His eyes slanted, lips twitching. "It comes easily, only for you. You could very well be one of the best hackers in the world."

I blushed at his praise.

I had a plan.

I very stupid, silly plan.

The gala was at the end of month two. Me and James would spend time together, acting like a newly wed couple, going on dates and walks – luckily, he wasn't as popular in Japan, but he still had to wear his mask sometimes.

I was going to have to forcefully remind myself that it wasn't real. I didn't like him like that, but my virgin heart would fall quickly.

Liar. A voice snickered inside my head, which I gladly pushed away.

That meant that month three? I would wait to see if he tried to kill me. Sure, he said he wouldn't, but who was I to trust him?

If he killed me, then I was dead, obviously. If he didn't, if he trusted me just a little bit- I could completely erase his name from the evidence of Gapryong Kim's death. I could place the blame on anyone I wanted.