Preference #25: Daydreaming

Harry - caught in his own spiral upwards, he still holds onto you, lain downward on the grass at the park, his day off, unreeling thoughts sped up and slowed down, eyes half-shut under a sun shining too bright, hands against your honey skin, rubbing until everything feels warmer than before, and he can doze off, his mind adrift, you in his arms, some kind of wonderful as he placates it all, and makes plans in his head. 

Liam - funnelling under the covers with you, he manages himself on his back and the bare skin he can see on you from earlier still feels his hands over it, pebbling until goosebumps arise. When he knows you’ll lay back down with him, he can close his eyes and swallow whatever he still hadn’t, train thoughts upward and downwad in moseying circles that never end, purely and honestly, because he never wants them to.

Louis - his mind traces your name in pure light, your eyes, the curvature of your bottom lip and the signature of your sparse freckles, before he opens his eyes to the real thing. Caught in a daydream of you, he slinks over from his side of the bed, and catches you, still dreary. You blink with him, your mind in it’s own tangle of wondering, days still to come and the best you’re to look forward to, his lips on yours fleetingly before he lays back again. 

Zayn - he dips his head back until he can feel the weightlessness beneath him, and the bright glean of the sun shining overhead. Somewhere outside he can hear you giggle at him, his eyes opening from a daydream to peer around the balcony of the hotel you’re staying at, your body beside his, mind still wandering farther than he can follow. Lazy grins, crooked eyes and elbows, his hands feeling for you feebly, slack murmur before he lays down again, and dreams of what he had before, you. 

Niall - sun above him, he slips down again until he’s floating in the cool water of the pool, eyes shut, mind slipping more than his limbs are as he floats. You paddle beside him, skin flitting by his before he has to reach out and pull you back, connect his mind with yours somehow, to show you what kinds of things he daydreams about. He presses his lips to yours and murmurs softly about something that made more sense in his head, eyes lazy and dropping as he lays back, floating again.