Preference #95: First Night Over

Harry: “Hey, what do you think you’re doing?" Harry asked from the couch. “I’ve got to go, it’s late and I have class tomorrow an-" “Yea it’s late, you can’t go home now. I don’t want you driving in the dark," he interrupted, getting up from his seat to bring you back down beside him. Shaking yourself free, you stepped towards the door, insisting, “Harry, it’s really time I got going." Extending his arm out to you, he offered, “Why don’t you spend the night? I’ve got plenty of things you could borrow, I can take the couch, it’ll be fine." Taking his hand, you stepped out of your shoes, still unsure. Wrapping you in his arms, he assured you, “We’re not doing anything, don’t worry, you’re just sleeping here tonight." Poking your cheek, he coaxed a smile onto your face, banishing all previous worries. “C’mon now, I’ve got to get you comfortable now, don’t I?" he asked, leading you down the hall, towards his bedroom, “I’ll take you on the official tour, it’s a very exclusive thing, but you’re special. If you look to your left, you’ll see the bathroom, complete with all the belongings of the Harry Styles, I hear he’s a real slob." 

Niall: "No no no, that’s not what I meant. I said sleep with me but I meant like, sleep with me. Like actually with me. In the same bed, all cuddled up together, not that other thing," he stuttered through the phone. Giggling into the speaker, you asked, “You want me to come over tonight?" “Well, uh, you could come over now and we could watch some movies or order some food or whatever you want, really," he rambled, still tripping over his words, “Only if you want to, that is." “You know, that sounds lovely, I’ll be over in a bit," you replied. “Really?" even from the other side of the phone, you could almost see his entire body perk up, as if he was shocked you said yes. “Yea," you repeated, “I’m leaving now. You better make this a kick ass night. I’ll stop and grab a few things, but I’d like to see lots and lots of blankets laid out, maybe even a fort set up," you continued, helping rid Niall of his nerves. “Yes yes, we’re gonna have such a good time, completely clean, of course, but you won’t regret it, I promise," he babbled, growing more excited with each passing second. “Slow down there, let’s save the talk for when I get there?" you cautioned him, walking out the door.

Louis: “Hurry up, we’ve got to get back to the car, we’re operating on a tight schedule, no time for foolishness," he called over his shoulder. Hopping into the car, you tossed the bags of junk food into the back seat, your hood falling over your face. “C’mon, where’s our list, what’s next?" Pulling out the wrinkled piece of paper from the console, you crossed off another item with heavy blank ink, reading the next thing: night mix. “Alright, pull it out, it’s right under there," Louis said, waving his hand near your feet, too busy starting the car. Pulling out a scratched CD with nothing written on it, you stuck it into the car, waiting for whatever music it had to begin. “Wait, you need to make sure it’s up all the way. You see, it needs to be loud enough to give you a massive headache. That way, we won’t have anything to do once we get home but sleep." Louis explained. Turning the knob all the way to the right, you mumbled, “You’re just a genius, aren’t you?" Shuddering as the first song drowned all your thoughts out, you saw Louis open all the car windows, yelling over the music and the wind, “Don’t worry about all this, it’ll make for a very peaceful sleep," he reassured. Rolling your eyes fondly, you stuck your hands out the window, shouting along with the music.

Liam: Turning around for the third time before exiting the room, Liam asked, “Are you comfortable enough? Do you need any more blankets, a glass of water? Is it too hot?" Smiling from your spot beneath the covers, you shook your head, insisting everything was alright, urging Liam get some sleep himself. Shaking his head at his own concern, Liam backed away towards the door once more, turning the knob before you called out for him. “Liam, would you like to sleep here instead of on the couch?" you offered. His eyes lit up at the suggestion, his body holding back its excitement. “Sure, if that’d be okay with you," he said, suppressing his glee. “Yea, it’d be nice. Come over here," you said, patting the empty spot beside you. Situating himself next to you, he wrapped his arms around your waist, whispering, “I was almost afraid you wouldn’t want me near you." Chuckling at his worry, you assured him, “I wouldn’t dream of that. You’re too warm to leave out." Pressing a kiss to your temple, Liam laid back down, waiting for your eyes to flutter shut before allowing himself to drift off with you.

Zayn: Turning you through the last doorway, he announced, “And this is our final stop: the bathroom," he said, taking his hands off your hips. “It’d be lovely if you showed a bit more excitement, yea? This is a bit of a big deal, thank you." Taking the hint, you oohed and aahed at the light fixture and the sink and the functioning shower, marveling at the wealth of soap in the cabinets. “Well, that concludes our tour. Remember, you will always be welcome here. Yea, it’s the first night you’re staying over, even though you should just stay here every night, but the door’s always open for you. Don’t forget." Nodding, you pressed a kiss to the base of his neck. “You better brush your teeth, I don’t kiss girls with bad breath." “Is that so? Because I don’t kiss boys who don’t share pajamas." “Really? Then I better find you something to wear." Digging through your bag, you found your toothbrush, making sure Zayn saw the dribble of toothpaste down your chin, ensuring your teeth were clean. “I hope that was alright, that was in fact three minutes of brushing, my teeth are more than clean now." “Let’s just go to sleep, to hell with teeth and pajamas."