Prologue

''Ha! I Won!'' nine year old Carmine raised his hands in the air, shouting with all his might then dropped them and took deep breaths.

His navy blue shirt was covered in his sweat and his denim shorts and black chucks were covered in mud and had dust on it. He took off his blue baseball cap and ran his hands through his dark brown hair, keeping them away from his dark brown eyes.

His best friend or more like his biggest rival stopped next to him, breathing heavily.

Natalie was wearing a forest green shirt along with black jeans and green chucks. Her long curly hair were tied in a high pony tail but some untamed tendrils escaped it.

With her hands on her knees, she tried catching her breath. Then she straightened up , putting her hands on her hips and raised her green eyes to his brown ones and pinned him with her gaze.

''It's the black airplane which crossed the line,'' She pointed toward the black paper airplane.'' Not the blue one, you idiot.'' She said haughtily.

''So? When did I say that it was the blue one crossing the line, silly?'' He asked his 'rival' in the same tone she used on him.

Natalie huffed and said with great patience,''The black one was mine Carmine, remember? I chose black and you chose blue. You lost the game loser. Accept it.''

''You liar, that's not true. The blue one was yours.''

''The black one was mine.''

''Since when?"

''Since morning, you idiot! Now shut up and admit your defeat.''

''Why should I? I'm the winner. You're the loser. The black one was mine. The blue one was yours. Stop lying!''

''God Carmine! Nine year is hardly an age for you to lose your memory. Be careful. Otherwise, people would be calling you grandpa in no time.''

''What?''

''Carmine, you chose the blue one because it matched your shirt and I chose the black one because of my pants, remember now?''

''No.''

Natalie gritted her teeth,'' Well, then go and get yourself checked, grandpa.''

''I will, grandma.'' He shot back.

''Cheater!''

''Liar!''

They both stood there nose to nose, glaring at each other then hmphed and turned away, stomping toward each other's house.

''Care Mom!'' Natalie called Carmine's mom as she entered his house and climbed the stairs, making her way toward the study room where Carmine's mom, Caroline, was probably working.

At the same time, Carmine entered her house, calling her mother as he made his way toward the kitchen where her mother, Labana, was busy preparing supper.

''Your son is Insane!'' Natalie shouted as she went to Caroline.

''Your daughter is crazy and soon enough, she'd make me one too.'' Carmine told Labana who smiled in return.

''I gather it was all Carmine's fault.'' Caroline said while taking off her glasses and smiling at Natalie after listening to the whole story.

''Are you sure, she's your real daughter because I clearly have some doubts.''

''He is unbearable.'' Natalie ran her hands through her hair.

''She is a liar.'' Carmine informed her mother and crossed his arms on his chest.