Chapter: 7 (Unedited)

"It's so nice of you to burst that bomb on me right about now?" Carmine smirked at him.

"Excuse me?" Dave asked politely but anyone could guess by looking at his eyes that he was controlling himself from erupting like a lava from a volcano.

"You just couldn't seem to wait, right?" Carmine kept on smirking.

Dave turned to see Natalie. 

She stood there frozen, staring at the two of them. Carmine was 6'3 but Dave was some inches short. Dave wasn't bad on eyes. He had that serious kind of business tycoon look. Carmine obviously inherited his looks from his attractive parents which meant that his looks too were on the best level. Only now, he looked a little rough whereas Dave looked like a complete gentleman in his business suit.

It took a moment for Carmine to conceal his expressions. He wasn't sure how he managed it but he did. Thank God.

Carmine shook his hand and nodded. He caught Dave's wince and was shocked to find his grip on his hand hard.

"Sorry man, I was just trying to play a trick on my little friend over there. It worked. It's nice to meet you, Mr. Anderson." He smiled sincerely.

Dave smiled back,''Natalie did fill me up on that. And please call me Dave.''

Carmine smiled," So, you're responsible for that ring, eh?''

Dave stood up more proudly,''Yes.''

''It's lovely. Beautiful. It kind of captures your attention, you know? Just like that tie you're wearing.'' He nodded toward the tie which actually looked more like christmas tree hanging upside down from his neck.

Dave looked at his tie,"You think so? My mother picks them for me. Talley hates them for some reasons." Dave raised his brows and sighed while shaking his head as if he didn't understand how anyone could hate his mother's choice.

''Who's Telly?'' Carmine asked, trying his best to stop himself from laughing on his mother's choice.

''Oh, my fiancée, Natalie. Of course.'' He pointed toward Natalie.

Carmine scoffed,"You call her that? Ha! As in telly communication?" then at their expressions he cleared his throat,''Sorry, terrible joke.''

''It's Talley. T.A.L.L.E.Y. Talley.'' Dave said.

Carmine nodded, biting his lip.

"So, she doesn't like them? Your ties?" He asked.

Dave smiled at Natalie,"Yeah.''

Smart girl. He thought. ''Silly girl. She doesn't know about good taste. Your name for her, tie and that ring. I love your choice, man. Take me with you for shopping some day, okay?' and he led Dave to the house leaving Natalie open-mouthed behind.

She realised that moment that Carmine was actually making fun of Dave and her fiancé didn't even know that. Stupid.

She was so angry that she couldn't stop herself from snapping,'' Do you even know where you're going?''

They both turned back in shock to find Natalie standing there, all red in anger.

"Yes, I'm here. Thanks for noticing." She gave both of them a look of disgust and walked past them to Carmine's house.

"Talley! Darling, listen to me." She knew without turning that Carmine was smirking. She just felt it.

Carmine looked at Dave,"So, do you have any idea where I live?"

Dave stopped short. He looked at him,"Oh yes, I'm really sorry about that, Mr. Hayes. Talley told me about your condition."

"Don't worry about it and call me Carmine." Carmine gave him a lopsided grin.