Chapter: 13 (Unedited)

"WHAT?!... How? When? But...... Natalie, what's going on? If it's a joke then it's a sick one."

Natalie sighed, threw her bag on a couch and flopped down next to it.

"Ma, please. Don't." That just made Labana more furious.

"What do you mean, don't? Natalie, you were engaged to that guy. Engaged to be married. And now you say that you've broken up with him. What's wrong with you? Is it because of Carmine?"

Natalie snapped her gaze at her mother in shock.

"Where did that come from? Ma, Carmine is just my best friend. How did he come into this?"

Labana looked at her daughter for a moment then said in a low voice," You both are not just friends anymore and today I'm sure of it."

Natalie bit her lip and blinked back her threatening tears," I broke up with him because he doesn't love me." She whispered brokenly.

Labana's eyes widened then she looked confused,"What?"

Natalie shook her head," He doesn't love me. He was just using me and he was going as far as to marry me to get what he wanted."

"Natalie, I.."

Natalie sniffled and wiped her tears away with her hand," He wanted control and he thought that the best way to get it would be by marrying me. Especially when his mother practically loathes me. I'd keep his mother occupied and he'd be able to do anything he wants. But Carmine, the one who you actually blame, stepped in and changed his mother's mind. So, that bugged Dave a lot and his whole planning was washed away."

She ran her hands through her hair,"He couldn't even hide it today because he was so full of rage. He is so bipolar, ma. Huh, the worst thing is that I just assumed that he was in love with me even though he never said that. How sick is that?" Natalie shook her head and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Labana asked with concern.

Natalie shrugged in answer," Room." And walked away leaving her mother behind all confused and staring after her.

Natalie entered her room and jumped on her mattress face first. She rolled on to her back and stared at the ceiling.

She closed her eyes and waited for the loneliness to envelope her along with sadness and hurt but all she got and felt was........ anger.

Natalie sat up on her bed. She was furious. Burning with rage. 

It was all so sick and unbelievable. Was Dave actually so desperate to go as far as to marry her? Or was he just so unfeeling? The whole situation wasn't adding up. Dave was a complete gentleman. He always treated her right except when both of them were with his mother. Natalie always felt loved by him. What was going on? All the things he ever said to her. The way he always looked at her. Those can't be lies or an act or was it?

Natalie sighed and held her head with her hands,"Whatever, it's done now. No more girl talk and doubts. I'm not doing that. Nah-Uh."

She took out her cellphone and checked it for messages and calls.

15 missed calls and 9 messages from Dave in the last hour but she ignored that. 4 from his mother but none from Carmine.

Natalie frowned. Carmine would have surely called her to know about her date with Dave. But there was nothing from him. That was a first. After his accident, she didn't spend one day without his messages or calls.

Oh well... She threw her cell phone to the side and rested her back. She tried to get comfortable but it wasn't working.

Natalie was restless. She stood up, went to stand in front of her window and pulled the curtain aside.