Chapter 6 - Worktrip

It's early in the morning and Leo's leaving today

It's early in the morning and Leo's leaving today. He's got this case somewhere in Europe, apparently it's like a big deal or whatever so I'm in charge for a week. 

We all know how well Kayla takes any of us leaving so I promised her we could go swimming whilst he's away since she's been begging to go for weeks.

Leo said goodbye to all of us, giving us bro hugs and ruffling our hair and then it was time. Kayla needed to say goodbye.

"Bye-bye angel, I'll see you next week. Ok?" Leo said to Kayla kneeling down in front of her.

"No go Bubba!" Kayla cried hugging Leo. I hate seeing her cry it makes my heart physically ache.

"Hey monkey! Why don't you tell Bubba where we're going this week." I said giving her a wink and my most excited smile trying to cheer her up.

Kayla gasps. "Swimming! We go swimming Bubba!" Kayla said with a wide smile on her face. Toddlers I swear, they can change emotion in less than a second.

"That's so fun!" Leo replied as he stood up and picked up his suitcase. Aiden is taking him to the airport whilst Oliver, Noah, Kayla and I stay here.

They walked out the door and Kayla ran after them.

"Hey! Kayla Grace, stay inside." I say in a stern but nice tone.

She stopped at the open door and cried for Leo to come back while he was packing his suitcase into the trunk of Aiden's car. Noah picked up and rocked her gently whilst shushing at the same time.

I shouted a quick 'Bye!' out the door before closing it knowing if she saw them drive of, it would make things worse. I turn around to the cutest scene: Noah my youngest brother holding my baby sister, rocking and shushing her with her blankie and Juni in hand and binkie in mouth. I took a quick pic.

"Hey monkey, wanna watch the elephant movie with Bubby and Ollie, whilst I make breakfast?" I asked my baby sister

"Ya! What bekfast?" Kayla said with a lisp because of her pacifier.