Chapter 14: White Wolf

Notes: I honestly intended to take more time off from this than I did, but Theo and Liam have officially become my emotional support boys and I've missed writing them so badly, so here we are! You can expect at least 3-4 more epilogue updates!

Theo

The full moon peeked out from the heavy clouds, and Theo pressed a kiss to Liam's temple. Crickets chirped and owls called to each other in the warm summer night. He and Liam had been traveling across the country all ever since school ended.

Scott might have killed the Anukite, but Monroe's following had just started to grow. She had thousands of followers all across the country who were terrified of supernatural creatures. So they'd gotten in Theo's truck and started driving with no particular destination in mind. They drove across state lines and through deserts, finding and helping the lost and young supernatural creatures along the way. They took as many of them home in one piece as they could, but not all of them had families or packs to look out for them. Those, they put on a bus or a train, back to Beacon Hills where Derek's safe house was quickly expanding.

Theo and Liam were somewhere close to Canada, now. The forests here felt ancient, the trees towering far above them. Traveling with Liam was probably the best thing he'd ever done. They'd driven to a spot in the middle of nowhere and hiked in for a few miles to prep for the full moon.

They'd gotten distracted by star gazing before the clouds had swept in, which was how Theo ended up resting against a big tree with Liam leaning across his chest. At some point, he'd actually started to doze off.

Theo pressed another kiss to his neck, and when he still didn't stir, Theo licked a line from the base of his neck up to the curve of his jaw.

Liam spasmed in his arms with a yelp, and Theo devolved into laughter. Liam shoved him away with a groggy scowl.

"What is your problem?" Liam demanded.

"Me?" Theo asked innocently. "I don't have a problem. You certainly seem to, though."

Liam narrowed his eyes and dove forward, trying to wipe the wet of Theo's tongue on his shirt. Theo grabbed him by the waist, and then they were rolling down the grassy hill together. When they landed in a heap at the base of a small valley, Liam was grinning.

Theo leaned in and captured his lips with his own, rolling his hips in a way that had Liam gasping into his mouth. The noise nearly dragged Theo's attention away from their goal. The real reason they were out here on the full moon.

When Theo pulled away, Liam groaned in protest. "C'mon Little Wolf, it's time."

Liam flicked a glance up at the moon in surprise. "Oh shit. I didn't even realize." The heart in Theo's chest swelled at how much Liam's control had improved.

Theo offered him a hand, and Liam stood, dried leaves sticking out his now unruly hair. He tried to shake off all the dirt, but Theo shook his head.

"It won't matter in a second, anyway," Theo whispered.

Liam nodded, his shoulders tightening with nerves.

"Don't think too hard about it, all right? Just focus on the moon. Feel its power, and when it tugs at you, just give in."

When Liam didn't move, his heart thundering in his chest, Theo let his chimera eyes shine brightly. "You can do this, Liam. Call on your wolf."

Liam

Every single nerve in his body was alive with crackling nervous energy that he couldn't shake. Though he hadn't felt the tug of the moon until Theo had pointed it out, now it was all he could think about.