chapter six

I screamed in pain. What is wrong with me?! Suddenly the lift stopped. I laid on the ground for along time. I got off the ground slowly. I leaned against the wall. My body was sore from hitting the ground but it did not feel like it was on fire any longer.

                 Why hasn't the doors opened yet? I pressed the button with the bell on it to call for help. Nothing. I sat down leaning against the wall. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. After a while I felt something pressing against my knees. I opened my eyes and the the wall closing in on me.

              I stood up and pounded on the wall. "Admit it!" I heard a voice scream.

              "I did not do anything!" I screamed back.

               "Tell the truth!" I pushed as hard as I could against the wall.

                "Fine! I didn't like the bread!!" I closed my eyes, waiting for my fate. I opened my eyes and the walls were back in place, far away from me. Am I crazy?

           The two doors opened and I stepped out. Mmm I smell waffles. I followed the smell. I bumped into a maid. She was Asian and she had long black hair. She was like ten. "Oh, sorry miss" she said.

            "Its fine" I replied "it was my fault" she didn't answer. She kept staring at my wrist. I looked it my wrists. The word liar was burned across my wrist.

              "Do not show that to anyone" she said with a quiver in her voice.

         "Why?" I asked. She pulled up her sleeve and the same mark was on her wrist.

         "I didn't like the bread either" she said then quickly walked away.

       "They made you a..." I trailed off. She was gone. I held my heart. They made her a servant.