Chapter 5

Rin's POV

I sat up covered in sweat, my hair sticking to my face.  My breathing was ragged, and my hands went immideatly to my stomach.  I finally noticed Sesshomaru talking to me asking what was wrong.  It was only a dream, just a dream.  "Just a dream."  I spoke out loud, and Sesshomaru wrapped his arm around me.  "Just a dream, it was just a dream."  I kept repeating it, as if I kept saying it would make me forget what happened.  Everything is okay, everything will be just fine.  It was only a dream.  I continued to whisper that to myself, as Sesshomaru whispered soothing words into my ear to calm me down.  He began to caress my stomach helping to calm me more than he already was.  He would place kisses to my head, and wherever he could to keep me calm.  He finally managed to get me to lay back down, he hovered over me a bit keeping me calm, that and I refused to let him go at all. 

"You're okay, the baby is fine Rin."  I hadn't realized that I was asking about the baby, I was unaware of what I was saying.  "Rin, breathe."  I nodded and tried to catch my breath.  I held onto him tighter.  "I am right here, sssshhhh." 

When I woke up again the sun was shining through the windows, and Sesshomaru was not in bed.  I focused and could sense him in his office.  I stood slowly, and made my way to his office.  I walked in to see him sitting at his desk reading over some documents.  One of his elbows on the desk with his face in his hands as he read, the other arm was out holding the top of the document.  He was stressed, and I am sure with me being pregnant wasn't helping, and the nightmare last night sure didn't help him any, I am sure he was as worried as I was, but for the both of us.  I walked over to him and he looked up at me, he tried to hide the stress but I saw through it.

"You're busted so don't try hiding it."  I told him, and his face dropped.  He only allows me to see this, no one else, not even his mother.  "What's wrong?"  I asked as I made it to him.  He moved away from the desk a bit so that I could sit in his lap side-ways.  I sat down, and he held me to him gently. 

"If I tell you would you tell me what happened last night to freak you out so badly?"

"I..."  I looked away from him. 

"Bills to pay, treaties to make, and some are starting to question me..."  He ran a hand down his face.

"Why?"

"Because of you."  He looked at me.

"Me?  Why me?"

"Because..."

"Because?"  I dragged out, and I motioned for him to continue.

"Because I fell for you."  My face fell, he looked at me, and his hold on me tightened a bit.  He kissed my forehead and I laid my head on his shoulder. 

"I dreamt that everything died around me, that everything I touched died.  And then... Then...."  I didn't want to finish.  My hands went to my stomach, and one of his rested on top of mine.  "I had a miscarriage."  A few tears rolled down my face.

"Everything will be alright I promise Rin."  I nodded against his neck and he held me. 

Soon he started on his paper work again holding me in his lap.  I smiled when he would sometimes rub small circles on my small baby bump that I had, and I would place a small gentle kiss to his neck. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Goal is ten votes, and ten comments.

The next chapter will be in Sesshomaru's POV.

Also check out some of my other stories if you haven't already :)