The Date

You sit Zero in his stroller and head to the mall where you're meeting up with Shadow and Rouge today. Rouge was going to babysit Zero. and you and Shadow were going to have lunch in the food court at the mall.  Arriving at the mall, you see Shadow and Rouge waiting for you at the entrance. 

"Roo!" Cooed Zero, when he saw Rouge. 

"Aunt Rouge is going to spoil you today," Rouge says, smiling at the tot.

Rouge then took the stroller from you. 

"You don't mind me and the little fella going shopping today?" Rouge asked, giving Zero a lollipop. 

"Don't spend too much on him, it makes me feel terrible." You replied, not wanting others to spend too much money on You and Zero.

"Don't sweat it, Darling, I love Zero like he's, my son. You and Him deserve the world." She responded, rocking his stroller. 

"It's true, you both do. You went through so much during the war." Shadow acknowledges, placing a hand on your shoulder. 

"Yeah, conceiving a jackal spawn." You replied sarcastically to Shadow since that's what he called Zero before you both broke up.

"I'm sorry" He apologizes, his ears folding down.

"Well, I better leave you to love birds to it, can't wait to hear all about the date later today," Rouge announces, waving at you while pushing the stroller into the mall towards an expensive child clothing store. 

"Let's go get a bite to eat." Shadow suggests, changing the subject. 

You both enter the food court and sit at a table. 

"What would you like? You can order anything you want." He asks, giving a smile.

"I feel like sushi." You mumble, feeling awkward about going on a date with your ex. 

"Sure, I'm a fan of sushi too. You sit here, I will bring order our lunch for us." Shadow responds, lining up at the sushi counter. 

It wasn't long before he turned to the sushi. You sat at the table picking at your food, with a knot in your stomach. 

"What's wrong?" Shadow asked sounding concerned. 

"I don't deserve anyone being nice to me." You mumbled, taking a bite of sushi.

"As I said before, you deserve the world. Nothing that happened to you was your fault." Shadow reassures, placing his hand on your shoulder again. 

  "I still have feelings for the sadistic jackal who impregnated me, but also killed and ruined countless lives. " You said, beginning to sob. 

"I will arrange for you to get therapy, you're still suffering from Stockholm syndrome, nearly a year and a half later. There's nothing wrong with you." Shadow offered, rubbing your back and handing you a tissue to wipe away your tears. 

Shadow seemed a lot more supportive than he was to you after the war. He told you that you were crazy for wanting to keep the spawn of the jackal when he first learnt of your pregnancy, not long after the war.  

After Shadow rubbed your back and calmed you down, you managed to eat a bit more sushi before it was time to leave for the concert. You walked with Shadow out into the mall parking lot, you let out a gasp when you saw that Shadow expected you to ride on the back of his motorcycle. Having no choice, you got on the back of the motorcycle and wrapped your arms around Shadow's waist. He then put a motorcycle helmet on your head. 

"I may not need a helmet, but I will keep any passengers on board safe." He reassured, before starting up the motorcycle and driving down the expressway. 

You felt a cool breeze on your face, while you held on for dear life to your ex.  The closeness was very awkward for you, but you found the motorcycle ride enjoyable. It wasn't long before you arrived at the concert.  About 4 songs into the concert, while you revved up in excitement: Shadow extended his hand to you.

"Would you like a dance Y/N?" He suggested, flashing his gorgeous fangs. 

You took his hand and what was supposed to be one dance, turn into dances for the remainder of the concert.  Shadow left the concert with you holding onto him again on the motorcycle, he drove you back to Vanilla's house. Once you arrived you saw Rouge waiting outside with Zero crawling beside her in the yard. She had purchased 2 bags full of clothes for Zero.  

"Thank you, Shadow, I had a good time." You acknowledge, hugging Shadow. 

"No problem, it was a pleasure spending time with you," Shadow said, smiling at you.

"Thank you, Rouge for minding Zero today." You said, thanking Rouge.  

"No problem Sugar." She responded, rolling a ball towards Zero.

Zero let out a giggle and rolled the ball back to Rouge. You smiled at them bonding, Zero had bought out a maternal to Rouge. She adored him like he was also her child. 

"Before I go, I was wondering if you would like me to take you out for ice cream and clothes shopping next Friday?" Shadow asked, his cheeks going bright red. 

"I will mind my little darling again" Rouge offered, rolling the ball back to the tot.

Shadow's blush was so adorable, you couldn't decline his offer. He seemed to be a lot kinder to you than he was during the war and not long after the war. 

"Sure, it's a date, but don't spend too much money on me." You responded, surprising him, by kissing his cheek.

His mouth dropped, he froze and looked very stunned at your move.  

"See I told you kindness is a way to a girl's heart." Rouge teased in a flirty tone.

"Do you think we could ever have another chance?" Shadow asked, breaking the silence. 

"I'm not making any promises yet." You respond, before walking back inside the house with Zero in your arms.

You both waved out the window as Shadow drove away on his motorcycle and Rouge flew after him with her wings spread apart. You liked them both, especially how they wanted to spoil you both.

 Author notes: Woohoo! Sugar Daddy Shadow and Sugar Mummy Rouge! I want them in my life!