Remember Me

You hastily jumped out of bed upon seeing the hedgehog approaching you. In an attempt to escape, he cornered you against the wall, placing his hand on Ruby's quills.

 He spoke in a low voice, "My suspicions were correct, you were pregnant before that mutt took you away."

 In his hand, he held out a chaos emerald.  

Bewildered, you asked, "I don't understand, what do you mean?"

As he approached, you shook your head in confusion. "Don't you remember me?" he asked, prompting a flicker of recognition. 

"Oh, I almost forgot," he muttered, walking over to the crib and lifting the sleeping tot out of it.  

"What do you want?" you asked, suspicious of Shadow's intentions. 

He didn't answer, instead extending a chaos emerald and bellowing "Chaos control!" You were instantly transported to a cosy living room, where a robot and a bat were lounging on the couch. 

Memories of Shadow flooded your mind as you gasped, holding your Newborn out to him. "Shadow!" 

  "Wait, do you remember me now?" He asked, appearing bewildered.

"I'm not sure what happened, but I could only recall Infinite and Zero," you replied, cradling your Newborn Ruby.

"That imbecile must have had you under his control," Shadow grumbled, taking Ruby from your arms to examine her.

"Starline!" you exclaimed, taken aback.

"What does Eggman's fanboy have to do with this?" Shadow inquired.

"He possesses a gadget on his glove, which he may have used for mind control on both of us - me and Infinite," you remembered, recalling how you were prepared to devote yourself to Infinite after examining his gadget.

"That jackal is already corrupted; he probably isn't under anyone's influence. By the way, when did you give birth to our baby?" He inquired, gazing at the newborn with a smile.

"Less than an hour ago," you replied, still feeling the aftershocks of childbirth.

"I'm taking you and our child to the hospital right away," he declared, looking anxious.

"Don't worry, darling, I'll take care of Zero," Rouge offered, scooping up the tot.

Shadow extended the emerald and yelled: "Chaos control."You arrived at a medical facility, where Shadow placed you in a wheelchair and handed Ruby back to you.

"Have you picked out a name for her?" He asked, wheeling you to the reception desk.

"Ruby," you responded.

"Ruby Maria," he whispered before conversing with the receptionist.

"It's a complicated situation: My girlfriend has just given birth to a child without knowing she was pregnant.  He lied. 

It wasn't long until some nurses appeared and wheeled you to a delivery suite: where you went under a lot of tests and Ruby was given a newborn check. During this time Shadow stayed by your side, comforting you, while they run blood tests, blood pressure checks and many other tests.  

"You're healthy, and so is your little one." Reassured a midwife, placing Ruby in your arms.

"Ruby is the reason I found you," Shadow announced, stroking Ruby's quill.

"How?" You asked, feeling surprised. 

"I spent 9 months searching for you, I could not locate you or Zero. Then suddenly when Ruby was born, I got a vision of your location and my offspring. " He told you. 

You notice Ruby glance towards her father and watch both of them look at each other. It seemed they were having a telepathic conversation. Zero was more of a common child, while Ruby was a hybrid of Shadow and had his powers. Shadow now officially had a bio family member, who he was able to talk to telepathically. 

"We need to return to headquarters right now," Shadow announced, looking panicked holding out a chaos emerald. 

"What's wrong?" You asked, looking concerned. 

Suddenly You all appeared in Team Dark's HQ, you gasped at the sight. Infinite was holding Zero in his arms and was running towards the door with Rouge chasing him. 

"Give back the child!" Rouge yelled, kicking Infinite in the back. 

Shadow then suddenly pounced on Infinite and removed the tot from his arms. Rouge took Zero from Shadow and watched on as Shadow dragged Infinite outside. He then gave Infinite a good beating, before bringing him back to the GUN prison.  

"Why did Infinite try to take Zero?" You questioned as Rouge approached you.

"He was muttering about how Zero his son and he should be allowed his child," Rouge responded. 

"Mama!" Said Zero, walking over to you. 

"Zero, meet Ruby she is your little sister." You told him, holding out Ruby to him. 

"Sister!" He smiled, patting her head.

"Your little girl is so adorable, may I hold her?" Rouge asked. 

You nodded and placed the infant in her arms.  Ruby looked up at Rouge and smiled at her. despite only being a few hours old, Ruby was a very alert Newborn. She had aced all the Newborn checks and the 6-week check while being assessed at the hospital. This child was destined to be a child genius.  

"She's very wise for a Newborn." Rouge complimented, while the Infant glanced at up her.

"Shadow seems to be having conversations with her telepathically." You told Rouge.

"Good for him, he deserves to have an offspring of his flesh and blood." Rouge acknowledge, cuddling Ruby  

After a while Shadow returned, after getting Infinite back behind bars.  

"Starline was the one who broke him out of prison. I hate that mutt very much. I missed the birth of my daughter because of him!" Shadow growled, gritting his teeth. 

"Infinite did take very good care of me and Zero though." You respond, defending Infinite. 

"He kidnapped You and hypnotised you, that fool could only get a girl if they're held captive and under mind control." He said with a smirk.

Deep down you had a feeling that Infinite hadn't done  these things on his own accord. He was under Starline's mind control and was instructed to behave in that matter so he could get his family back together.