terrible twos

Today was Zero's 2nd birthday, you and Shadow had organized a small birthday party. Shadow was also officially adopting Zero today.  Finally, You and Shadow had the perfect family: a little boy and an intelligent baby girl.  Yesterday Ruby started crawling at only 2 months old. She said her first at last week: "Dada!" Being the biological child of Shadow made her a genius.  You hadn't seen Infinite again since being rescued from his captivity for the second time. Time had moved on and you had accepted Shadow as your soul mate and become a lifetime member of team dark. 

"Dada!" You heard Ruby shout crawling over to Shadow. 

Shadow then placed Zero in his highchair with a cupcake to smash up while he announced the adoption.  Rouge, Omega, Sonic, Amy, Vanilla, Cream and Knuckles were present as Shadow read out the adoption.

"Today, Zero is  officially my son!" He announced, smiling at the tot.

"Yay! Woohoo!" Screamed the guests, excited for Shadow and Zero."

"He my daddy." Said Zero, pointing at Shadow. 

"My Dada!" cooed Ruby, saying her first sentence.

"Yes, I'm Daddy to both of you" Shadow reassured, lifting Zero out of the highchair. 

Without any hesitation, the tot sprinted over to his presents and began tearing up all the paper. Soon Team Dark HQ was covered in wrapping paper.  All the new goods were now on a pile on the floor, blocks, toy cars, trains, plushies, playdoh and whatever you gift to a 2-year-old.  

"Say Thankyou," You told Zero, pointing at the gifts.

"Tank woos eweweone" He acknowledge, inspecting the gifts. 

Suddenly Shadow pulled you aside and stood you in the middle of everyone. He got down on one knee and pulled out a diamond ring and a bouquet of lavender. 

"Y/n will you marry me?" He proposed, smiling nervously at you. 

"Yes...." You replied, blushing at the charming hedgehog.

He then placed the ring on your finger and pulled you close to him for a hug. he then kissed you, making all the guests cheer for you both.

"Congratulations Bro," Rouge announced, patting Shadow on the back. 

Suddenly Knuckles approached Rouge and got down on one knee.

"Please marry me?" He asked, blushing.

"Of cause charming" Rouge replied, accepting his proposal.

Then Knuckles pulled Rouge in for a very deep French kiss.

Then Suddenly Sonic got down on one knee in front of Amy.

"Ames, please marry me?' He begged, holding out a chilli dog.

"YES!" Amy screamed.

Both of them then each took a bite off the ends of the chilli dog.

Suddenly Vector burst through the door, holding a golden ring.

"Vanilla, please marry me?" He asked, getting down on his knees."

"I love you, so I accept. " Vanilla responded, getting pulled in for a hug by Vector.

Today was an amazing day: Zero turned 2 and was adopted, plus 4 couples all got engaged at his party. 

"This will be a birthday we never forget." You said, giggling. 

"Now let's celebrate with the birthday feast," Amy announced, producing all the food on the table. 

The feast was amazing, coffee beans, grapes, chilli dogs, strawberry shortcakes and soft serve ice cream and also Zero's favourites: Chicken nuggets and fries. Everybody celebrated this awesome once-in-a-lifetime event all day and all night.

Author notes: This is the end of this book. I will start book 3 soon. Which will be about Zero and Ruby 10 years later. Ruby will be a Daddy's girl, while Zero finds out about his biological father and wants him to be back with his mother. So more love triangles to come.