The New Recruit

You were now sitting on a black leather sofa in the living room of the house Team Dark lived together. Zero was crawling around on the floor, chasing after his tail.  Rouge sat next to you and put a hand on your shoulder. 

"You're lucky Shadow rescued you last night, Infinite didn't have good intentions." She told you, giving you a sympathetic look. 

"What do you mean?" You asked, the last thing you remembered was introducing Infinite to his child. 

"This will be hard to tell you... Infinite had stripped you down to your bra and underwear, Shadow discovered him pinning you down and kissing you." She replied, rubbing your back.

"I trusted him." You uttered, looking horrified. 

"He still hasn't changed, he told Shadow that he was going to lock you and Zero away. I believe he's possessive over you and wants you to remain as his doll." Rouge claimed.

"He had convinced me that he was going to change his ways." You cried, tears dripping down your cheek." 

Rouge then passed you a tissue and sat Zero on her lap. Zero reached up and tugged on Rouge's ears. 

"Take it, easy kid," Rouge responded, getting him to let go of her ears.

"Where is he now? I need to confront him and ask him Why". You asked, wiping your tears with a tissue. 

"Shadow got him arrested, he's in prison awaiting his sentence," Rouge told you, passing a rattle to Zero. 

"Please don't let him get a death sentence he has a son." You gasped, still wanting him to be there for Zero.

"If I'm honest with You: I think you should give Shadow another chance. He could adopt Zero and make a sibling for him too." Rouge said, winking at you.

Before you could respond to Rouge, Shadow walked into the living room. He smiled at you and then sat down on the floor across from you. 

"How are you enjoying life at Team Dark headquarters?" He asked, smiling.

"Great so far, I do think Cream will be missing Zero though." You replied, knowing how she adored Zero.

"Relax, you can visit them anytime." He responded, patting Zero on the head. 

"I want to visit Infinite." You declared, watching Shadow go from smiling to gritting his teeth. 

"No, you will never see that filthy mutt ever again!" Shadow growled.

"Hey, how about you work for us Y/N?" Rouge randomly said, changing the subject.

"What do you mean?" You asked, you hadn't had a job since joining the resistance.  

"We need a secretary to file our papers and to maintain our quarters. I think it would be ideal for a single-at-home mum. "Rouge offered. 

"You will also be paid and get free rent too," Shadow announced. 

"I will accept your offer." You replied, needing the money and a roof over your head.

"Welcome to Team Dark," Rouge said, pulling you in for a hug. 

"I will take you for dinner tonight to celebrate your new position," Shadow announced, taking your hand.

"I will babysit Zero, so you love birds can have a child-free night." Rouge declared, smiling at the tot who was now pulling on Shadow's ear.

"We need to have a good talk about our future," Shadow told you, rubbing your hand.

Time Skip

You and Shadow were at (Your favourite restaurant) You were now eating (Your favourite dessert.) While Shadow was munching on coffee bean ice cream.

"Y/N I want a 2nd chance; I promise to not screw up this time." He announced, pulling you in for a hug. 

"What you said about Zero during my pregnancy still haunts me." You responded, trying not to cry. 

"I'm sorry, I was just under stress at the time. I promise to provide everything for Zero. I will pay for him to go to the best preschool and school. If it's ok with you, I will adopt him and accept him as my child." Shadow offered, placing a hand on your shoulder.

You remained silent for a while, thinking about how this could benefit Zero. He would have a good life with two parents, despite one being an adoptive parent.  Your heart didn't react to Shadow as it did to Infinite. Maybe if you accepted to be Shadow's partner again, you would have feelings for him.

"I will accept..." You uttered.

Next thing you knew, Shadow had pulled you in for a hug and smashed his lips against yours. kissing for about a minute, Shadow broke away and scooped you up in his arms.  

"Let's go." He said, flashing his fangs at you. 

Before you had a chance to say anything: He placed you on the back of his motorbike and drove home to Team Dark headquarters. 

When you entered the house you saw Rouge on her laptop and Omega hooked up to a charger in the living room. 

"Shadow, you look like a ray of light. I bet you won the girl." Rouge said, in a flirty tone.

"I got what was mine back.." He muttered. 

"Oh, finally you got her back from the gasp of the jackal," Rouge responded.

"It's for the better." You uttered, still yearning for Infinite.  

You then went to the bedroom to check on Zero. He was asleep on a mattress on the floor, cuddling a grey teddy bear. Lying beside him, you pulled a blanket over you both.  Shadow still had you sharing a room with him, which meant you had no privacy currently from him.

"You sleep in my bed with me now." You heard Shadow mutter as he entered the room. 

You were relieved that you didn't have to sleep on the floor anymore but were also nervous about bed sharing with the ultimate life form.  Climbing into Shadow's bed, you felt him wrap his arm around you. 

"Mine!" You heard him grumble in his sleep as he hugged you like a teddy. 

You felt secure in his arms. Maybe you would fall in love with him again over time.