A Father's Letter

Dear Amu,

If you are reading this letter, know that I am longer in this world my child. May be this curse of mine was destined to make my children strong and capable rulers of Kururashtra.

I'm always in your heart Amu, if at all you feel you want to talk to me, just close your eyes, visualise yourself  sitting with me. Talk your heart out, like you always do Amu, and I promise I will be listening to you, because a part me is residing in you. Trust me, my daughter, I'm always there.

When I am there in your heart, there is nothing to fear, and I mean it. Both you and me know what awaits in Hastinapur. The younger brother in me respects and adores my elder brother, like I should, but the king and royal in me is always a little hesitant about his ways, Jyeshta was always ambitious and eyed to be better or the best, and with me walking out he found the opportunity he had been looking for all his life. He is a capable ruler no doubt, but he is attached to things and can be overly ambitious, and can make it difficult for you and your brothers if at all anyone troubles you there or he knows you have an upper hand, especially if he sees you or Yudhishtir as a threat to his son's ambitions or may be his own ambitions.

I'm not asking you to not raise your voice against the wrong, I'm asking you to be cautious and respectful. Yes respectful, I know you already hold a sense of dislike for him, but do not let your true emotions and feelings be seen, for they can be used against you Amu, not everyone are trust worthy. In royalty it is said that one should not even trust their own shadow, so you know how difficult it is to trust someone else. You are my eldest daughter, whether you want it or not, everyone are looking at you, some may be even looking for opportunities to pull you down, do not give them that at any cost, at any cost at all. You know this, as you have been brought up in royalty, but still it is my duty to let you know about this as your father.

Never let your knowledge of the past or the future be seen, I have heard that Gandharraj frequently visits our state from Vidur, and the man is known for his crooked ways, be cautious of him. There is every chance he may  try to use it even if he gets the slightest hint of your reality. Keep the secret of your past closer to your heart, the more guarded you are about it the better.

And tell this to your brothers on my behalf, that I always will love them and am in their heart. You are my star Amu, I want you to always be by the side of your brothers and aid them in their goals, I wish to see Yudhishtir reclaim the title of the Chakravarti Samrat, that I was. I want my son to do it and you to be his guiding light, guide him and make sure they walk the path of dharma. You are their guiding light, my hope , my star and the future of Aryavart. Be the charioteer for the establishment of dharma, the purpose of your life it is.

Lovingly

Your Papa

******

That's the epilogue of sorts that I thought of writing.

Thought of communicating through Pandu, that Amrita should let go of her preconceived views of the royals of Hastinapur and be respectful to all. This was something I wanted to put across, after I came across a book with a similar trope where the eldest was unnecessarily disrespectful to Hastinapur royals, especially during grievance.

I really wanted this to be an insight into the type of behaviour, you should be expecting from Amrita in the second book.  And I hope I have delivered on it.

Take care and see you guys in the next book

Love Siya