1.3 The Mark of Nimueh part 4

I shouldn't have gone to bed without eating something. We were all so preoccupied by Gwen yesterday that we all forgot to eat. And now I was paying the consequences, I had the worst headache I ever had in my life, and I felt like I couldn't move, I could, but it would be probably noon when I'll be able to get out of my bed. But clearly we didn't have time for this so with all the force I could gather in my body, I push myself up a little, so I could seat and lean my back against the headboard, letting a few groans by the same occasion, hoping it would not alert Gaius, since apparently Merlin wasn't here.

I waited a few minutes before trying to get up, but it wasn't enough, at the moment when I stood up on my feet the room started to move, I couldn't really control my feet and took the first thing close to me, so I couldn't fell, the cupboard. Slowly, I started to walk to the stairs, I made sure I had a firm grip on the ramp before going down, but practically tripped myself on the last two steps but caught the wall before I could. I groaned, my forehead on the wall, I really need to eat something before I passed out

« Y/N? Are you feeling well ? » I could hear him asked but very slightly, great I couldn't even hear correctly.

« Yeah, I just didn't eat yesterday, so I don't really have any energy » I sighed, when I felt him close to me, he took my arms and set me down to the bench and put a bowl of I don't even know what it was, but I started to eat it.

I could feel him looking at me, more inspecting me.

« What? » I said looking up at him, and it's only after a few second that he responded, like he was trying to make words in his mouth but couldn't say them.

« Nothing, you should... you should probably stay in today and stick to the Orange juice today, for..., for the energy. He said and took with him a vial with something in it and walked to the door.

« Noooo, Arthur forbidden me to go to the lower town, and now I can't go out of the room, Gaius I'm going to die of boredom in here » I sighed exaggerating before he could walk out the door.

« Maybe you could rest, that would be good for you » he said before definitely leaving the room

« Yeah Whatever » I mumbled, continuing to eat The Thing.

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

« Don't touch it! » Gaius exclaimed as The Prince was about to pick up the vial filled of water with the flower in it from yesterday. « I had this in the water for no more than a few hours. » He continued.

« Where's the water from? » The king asked

« The pump from where the people take their daily supply. » The physician explained.

« We have to stop the people from using it. » Arthur suggested.

« The city cannot survive without water. » Gaius said as a matter of fact

« Then we have to find this sorcerer. » The king exclaimed, clearly expressing his frustration, passing in the throne room.

« I don't believe they're inside Camelot. » The Prince calmly suggeste

« Then extend the search to the villages. » He said, not so calmly.

« We've started. But I can't search the entire kingdom. » He retorted

« And I can't stand by and watch our people die. » The king responded, and his son decided to leave the room, maybe to continue his searches, leaving the two older men.