The Past

This chapter is really big so I've divided it into two parts. You will hopefully get the next part tomorrow...

At Kim's bedroom...

"I killed her..." Kim whispered.

Chay was shocked hearing it. He could feel something wet on his shoulder and he realised that Kim was crying.

"...And I enjoyed killing her..." Kim said with a broken voice.

Chay really didn't know what to do. His mind was blank. He could not understand what Kim meant. How can he kill someone he loved so much. Chay could feel how much Kim loved her from his writings in the diary.

Rose was his whole life, his whole universe. Kim thought that Rose was the only reason for his existence. His love for Rose dripped from every word he wrote in his diary. Kim had cut out a piece of his heart and gifted it to her. Then why did he kill her?

He created Wik for her. All the songs Wik wrote was meant for her, and the very first of it being one of Chay's favorite, "Fade". It's not possible for Kim to kill her without any reason. He certainly could not kill her just for fun.

Chay gently stroked Kim's back calming him, "Why?" Chay softly asked, "What happened?"

Kim slowly pulled away and looked at Chay. His face looked so pale, his eyes were puffy. Kim smiled a little through his pain.

"I was falling more in love with her everyday" Kim said, "So one day I decided to propose her..."

FLASHBACK TO TWO YEARS AGO...

The last class of the day was going to begin soon but Kim was impatient. He was a bit nervous too. What if Rose said it was too soon?

But Kim would make her understand, he would tell her that they do not need to rush. He would tell her that he just wanted her to know how serious he was about them and it's just going to be a promise to each other that they will be united in the future. It was not like Kim was going to ask her to marry at that instant, they could take their time.

Kim smiled to himself thinking about it. Why was the professor so late? Kim thought of bunking the class. He quietly sneaked out of the class. After that he wandered off to the corridors. He could not decide where to go and was shaking with excitement.

He was smiling like a fool. While passing from in front of an empty classroom he suddenly heard Rose's voice.

"Why are you here dad?" Rose was whisper yelling.

Dad? Kim thought in his mind.

"I came here to see you sweetie" A man in his middle ages said.

"You're surely not here to just see me dad" Rose grunted, "Anyways it's good that you're here. Kim has one more class and he'll not be here till one more hour, so I want to tell you something"

"What is it my baby?" The man asked.

All this time Kim just peeked through the little gap of the door, but he could not see the face of the man.

"I want to break up with Kim" Rose said. Kim's eyes widened hearing that. Why would Rose want to break up with him? And if she did she would have told him not her father right?

"No you can't" The man's voice suddenly turned cold, "We still need him"

"But he's useless dad" Rose protested, "He's such a baby, always seeking attention. You know he writes songs dedicated to me. Like who does these things nowadays? He's like a teenager always smiling like an idiot and I'm fed up smiling at him dad"