Chapter 41

The present: At the Mehras'

Maahi was mulling.

While mindlessly watering plants in her garden balcony.

She knew she was running the risk of getting too close to Aarush this time. But she felt like it had been...nice so far. She had really enjoyed his company during the wedding and after, that she put this thought on hold for a bit. But the last couple of meetings...it had made her feel like she was getting too comfortable having him around. That if he left again, she would miss him. That his presence in her life mattered to her in ways she couldn't explain.

That is when she knew she was slowly but very surely beginning to like him the way she did all those years ago. She knew she had to stop it. Not let it grow any further. Just nip it in the bud.

So, as soon as she was done watering the plants, she sat down at the table and picked up her phone.

She quickly formulated a two-step plan.

1. Put some distance between herself and Aarush.

2. Meet new people.

After a while of swiping left, she finally found someone to talk to. He was interesting enough to chat with so far. She would wait a few days and see how the conversation went before meeting him. All she needed to do in the meanwhile was not talk to Aarush at all.

Easy peasy.