Boat X Ride

3rd P

3rd P.O.V

The young girl woke up the next morning in their run down, abandoned apartment. The younger one yawned and stretched, hearing a few pops from her back. She rubs her eyes and looks down from her spot on the couch. There lies her Older brother sleeping on his stomach peacefully with one arm being used as a pillow and the other stretched out in front of him. His thin ripped up blanket covering only a part of his back and one of his legs. She smiled fondly at her brother, pushing the hair out of his face.

Their parents died when they were young, causing her brother Jay, to step up and raise her. She pushed away those thoughts as she gets up from the couch, pushing aside her throw blanket that tangled around her legs from her sleep. Quietly stepping over Jay she then walks in to a different room to get dressed.

Natalie's P.O.V

I pulled out my duffel bag full of clothes and picked out a black cropped tank top, black ripped baggy jeans, platform boots, a leather jacket, and to pull the outfit together, put red fishnet leggings under my pants. I put a few accessories on and smiled in my half broken body mirror. Feeling somewhat decent I walk back in the bedroom, ready to wake up my brother.

Jays soft snores got louder upon my arrival. He looks the most peaceful in his sleep, I feel bad for waking him. "Jay, wake up~" I sang in a soft tone. "Eugh..." Jay scrunched his nose and turned away from my voice. Of course. I sighed and started to shake his shoulders. Jay groaned and opened his eyes being face to face with mine. I smiled and threw his duffel bag at him, he lays back down with a huff from the impact.

"Get up, we have to catch up with the boat before it leaves for the exams." Jay brought both of his hands to his face slowly dragging them down, trying to wake himself up.
"Yeah, you're right just a sec Nat" he stands up throwing the blanket in the corner of the room and heads to the room I just came out of. Jays childhood best friend, Chrollo became our leader a few years back. Though he didn't ask us to, we decided to get our hunters license to further our troupes success.

"You ready?" I turn my head to see Jay cladded in his beige sleeveless Chinese style male dress with slits on each side, though he would rather not wear any shoes as he goes barefoot. His wolfcut is neatly styled as well. "Yeah! Let's do this!" I pumped my fist into the air as he ruffled my hair. We closed the door behind us as we head towards the coast.

As we walk towards our destination, we stumble upon the daily market our community puts on. "Jay! Natalie! How's it going? Wanna try some apples? They were just picked this morning!" Mr. Ito, the old man that usually greeted us chirped. He tossed Jay one and held out one for me to take. Jay caught his and took a bite in contentment. I bite down on mine and smiled into the taste, it was very sweet, not being able to just eat something like this often makes it even better. We bow our heads in appreciation. "Thank you Mr. Ito! They are delicious" "yeah, what she said" I slightly elbow Jays back and he glared childishly at me. The old man laughs and smiles at the two. "Not a problem kids, how about you two bring one for the road?" I feel bad for taking one apple let alone more, his business is usually pretty slow. "Oh, I couldn't sir I appreciate it though" we said our goodbyes and parted ways again. Throughout our walk multiple people stopped us to greet us, most of them being girls Jays age. I rolled my eyes playfully each time we left a squealing girl.