Hope X and X ambition

3rd P

3rd P.O.V

    The remaining applicants get a bit of relaxation before they head to the 2nd exam. The tall brunette sighed in relief while raking his long pale fingers through his hair.

Jay's P.O.V

Phew. They weren't kidding when they said this test takes the best of the best. That staircase took most of my stamina, I wonder how much longer until we get to the 2nd exam.
So, this is my competition...now that the weaker crowd is gone it only leaves the better players to compete against.

I put my hand to my forehead, trying to see through the fog, but no use. I look around dazing out. Wait- where's Natalie? I look to my right to see Leorio gently setting my sister down after detaching her from his back to rest. I smile, she always clings to people like a koala..no matter who the person is. Wait-

.......did she really hitch a ride? Isn't that cheating?

I strut over to the two, Natalie finally seeing my approaching figure. "Leorio... Natalie didn't pawn you into giving her a ride did she?" I asked suspiciously. Leorio looked up at me, then to Natalie pondering whether to tell me something. "I- well...err." Leorio stuttered. I slowly turn my attention back to Natalie.

"Natalie..." Natalie only smiled at me, her eyes squinting with her smug smirk stretching across her face..giving off a cat like appearance. I roll my eyes. "How?!" I semi- yelled. She gave a look to Leorio, him putting a hand to his blushing face. She innocently shrugged and returned in her resting position.

The rest of our group laughed at the small interaction.

??? P.O.V

A low grumble left my mouth uncontrollably as I stare at the group of kids. Most importantly, the brunette. I stare at his laughing face...not a care in the world, like he never dumped my spiked drink down my throat. I want to get back at him, obviously not directly, I'm not suicidal. I can feel his menacing bloodlust seeping through his being a mile away. I grimaced, I then turn my attention to the girl. His little sister. My frown twitched up a bit, I know exactly how to get inside his head.

"So, how about it boys? Do we have another deal?"

The three brothers looked at each other, smirking. "Of course dude...anytime." They all laugh...discussing their plan.

-Time skip- (still Jay's P.O.V)

It was time to run again, Mr. Satotz warned us not to be deceived by the creatures in the fog. I shake my head, trying to focus in front of me. With Leorio on my left, and kurapika on my right, it was hard to watch over my sister. I know she can handle herself but I don't want to risk it. As we kept running, screams could be heard from behind us. I wonder where Gon and Killua are...I hope they're alright.