Rivals X for X survival

3rd P

3rd P.O.V

Zaban city, the place where any shady salesman could sell the most common object for thousands if he had the right story. The 5 soon arrived, landing with the nice kiriko family. "Alright! Zaban city, here we are." The blue haired male smiled. The 5 looked around, each person fascinated with the bustling city. "Frog on a stick! The most delicious thing you'll ever taste!" The green haired boy was about to grab it but then stopped, seeing something else that peaked his interest.

"The worlds shadiest market..this area certainly would attract the sketchiest characters." Kurapika said matter of factly. The siblings looked at each other, a bit hurt by his words. As the group kept walking someone came stumbling down in-front of the red haired girl. "Oops sorry ab- Natalie! What are you doing here?" The said girl raised her head. There stood her childhood friend, Haru Yamamoto. She smiled brightly and gave him a hug. Though the suited man didn't quite like the newcomer as much as the others. "It's been awhile, how are you?" Haru asked, letting go of her and slicked his black and blue hair out of his face..only for it to fall back to its original state. "Good actually, me and Jay-"
"oh! Jays here as well? I haven't seen you guys since we started traveling for business." Haru smiled again, but more shyly after mentioning his families job. "And...who do you think you are?" Leorio huffed, now standing beside Natalie. "I would like to ask you the same thing." Haru smirked, half irritated. Both the guys are now face to face..the tension in the air became thicker by the minute. "We have to go now Natalie, wouldn't want to wait the others.." leorio then pushed her back softly egging her to go forward. Natalie looked back at Haru with a soft expression, waving slightly. Haru smiled at her and waved back, not wanting to stop talking to her.

Jay came back to the others with his hands full of Dango and other snacks, offering it to the group. Gon and Natalie took it without hesitation. "Ok here we are! The hunters exam" they all look at the tall building, heck probably the tallest build there was! "Oh- guys I meant over here-" the male pointed back towards a small restaurant. Leorio grunts in confusion. "You're saying all the greatest hunters took their exam in a shady run down restaurant?!" The guy chuckled. "I mean, it's pretty secret right? No one would expect it." Leorio then nodded in agreement. "Yeah, sounds smart actually" the group headed in the restaurant with the blue haired male in tow.

The doors open with a creek and a chime, the 5 teens smelled the delicious sent of pork cutlet and curry. The smell making all their stomachs growl. "Hi! We would like 5 of your specials please! And...is your back rooms open?" The two males started to discuss while the 5 looked around.

Soon after they were taken into the back, with 5 seats waiting for them. "Ah man, I can't wait for that meal! It sounds delicious!" Gon smiles while rubbing his stomach. Everyone looks at him with wholesome smiles. "Awe Gon, that was only the password to get into this room. We are entering the exam." Kurapika laughs. Gons cheeks turn a shade of pink. "Ah..."

"Well, good luck guys! I hope I will be able to help you your next time around!" With that, he shuts the door.

"Next time?" Gon questions. "Next time we try to take the test.. he's saying we won't pass." Leorio sighed while leaning on a chair. "Once out of three years...that's how much rookies pass the exam their first try." Kurapika stated. Natalie listened in on their conversation. The room started to move, shaking a bit. "This room must be an elevator." Natalie mumbles. "If this test is so dangerous...and people risks their lives for it..it must be really important to pass right?" Gon questions. Leorio laughs. "Of course it is! Imagine the luxuries you could buy!" Kurapika stopped him there. "wrong! This exam is for people to join the most noble profession!" Everyone looked at each other..it was quiet for a second before Jay started chewing awkwardly on his dango.