Test X of X Tests

3rd P

3rd P.O.V

     The group boarded off the now calm boat. Natalie running towards the grass almost kissing it, grateful for her body being intact. Leorio stretched his limbs while Kurapika and Gon started to chat. Jay pulled the bottom of his clothing up a bit, drenching the remaining water still left there.
"Gon! Wait up a sec, could I talk to you over here?" The Captain questioned. Gon turned to his group and waved. The group walked off a bit to give them privacy.

"Thank you for the ride! It was really fun!" The green haired boy exclaimed. The old captain chuckled. "Not a problem! This ride has been one of the most entertaining rides I have ever had." Gon smiled at this. "Let me give you a bit of advice." The captain glanced side to side, making sure no one was listening in. He turned his head and pointed at the mountains and trees. "You see that cedar tree at the top of that hill? That is the short cut to the next exam! Be sure to watch out for other examiners as well, don't trust everyone so easily." Gon looked towards his new friends. Leorio and Natalie were laughing together, while Jay teased kurapika about something he couldn't quite hear.

He trusted them, there was just something in his gut telling him that he meet the right people. The captain chuckled. "You and your friends are actually the liveliest people I have come across over the years of examining, I know you'll be just fine." They smiled at eachother. "Now go, I don't want to keep you waiting." Gon says his goodbyes to the nice Captain as he parted towards his group. Ready to pass the next exam. Though a quiet chuckle erupted out of a sly man hiding behind a couple of crates, listening in on the Green haired boys conversation with the captain.

Natalie's P.O.V

Gon came running back to us while holding onto his backpack straps. Everyone decided that we should head towards the big map posted by the bus stop. Looking around the quaint area, I see all the beauty that these small villages always seem to have. I closed my eyes, breathing in the fresh air and feeling the soft wind breeze through my hair. It is pretty hot out, and leather doesn't help.

   I started taking off my leather jacket and leorio looks over, staring at me. He smiled and looked away, me doing the same. "So..the captain told me to head in the direction of these cedar trees!" Gon told us while pointing at the top of the map. Leorio hesitated, though spoke anyway. "What? But thats the whole opposite direction to Zaban city." Leorio looked to Gon with displeasure. "Yep! This is the way the cap-" leorio interrupted him. "Gon, you can't just trust everyone you talk to! Come on, the bus is a straight shot towards the city." The two other boys who were quiet looked at me with dead pan expressions. "Ok Gon, if that's what you think." Kurapika starts walking in the direction the green haired boy was. Jay was about to take my hand until someone beat him to it. Leorio had a soft but firm grip on my hand, leading us towards the bus. "Tch, whatever it was nice meeting you guys but I'm not failing because you guys listened to an old man." With that, leorio dragged me to the bus.

Jay had a confused puppy like face while he watched me depart. The boys started walking the trail.

"Yeah, I feel bad for the sorry saps who fell for this old trick."
"Haha, the buses destination is far from the truth. Last exam it was off to the abandoned cities up north." We heard from the alley way. Leorio stopped in his tracks with me bumping into his back. I stopped as well, what did you drag me into leorio... leorio laughs with his cheeks on fire. He then started running toward the boys with me still attached to him. "Guys! Wait up! We changed our minds!"