𝟎𝟏𝟎

═════════════════════════

' For the love of nature! More tests?! '

═════════════════════════

      "I'M BACK!" (Y/N) YELLED OUT, her voice reverberating inside their quiet yet lovely abode. She took off her shoes and placed it carefully on the shoe racket on the side of the door. She approached the couch, set her bag beside her and literally deflated on it. "Ha... so exhausting." Her eyes twinkled at the memories of her interacting with her classmates. But, it was fun.

"Welcome home, daughter." Nighteye's voice cut off her thoughts, she looked up to the hand patting her head and smiled at her adoptive father who was holding onto his phone. "Apologies for not being able to greet you, I was on call with someone."

"Nah, don't worry, you don't have to apologize over something like that," she assured him. He enjoys being a dad, huh? She giggled to herself and saw his outfit. "Oh, so you just got home, too?"

"Yes. Normally, I would have worked longer hours in my agency, but there's a new addition to my house, so I cut my shift," he told her.

"Sorry about this... new addition."

"That new addition is something that I am quickly growing to be fond of."

(Y/N) beamed. "'S that so? I'm happy for you, then."

Mirai smiled. Looks like she had fun. "How was your day?"

"Great! Aizawa-sensei is so stingy though. He didn't need to make us not attend the opening ceremony and just do a quirk apprehension test," she said, sweatdropping.

The pro hero deadpanned. That man really does whatever he wants. "Even so, I'm assuming you had fun?"

"Yep! Even though I didn't know that you could use your quirk until the third test," she said, sheepish. "I also talked to a lot of my classmates. I actually can't believe it! They have different personalities, but almost all of the ones I talked to were so amiable and supportive. Holy moly, there are people my age like you, sensei, Ma, and Pa that exist? I'm so happy!"

Yes, we do. In fact, those insufferable people were just blind.

Mirai's gaze softened. There are a lot of times where (Y/N)'s common sense or understanding of things would resemble an adult. So having the opportunity to see this childish and exhilarated side of her was a bliss to him. It just meant that she trusted him a lot despite not knowing him for so long.

Her relationship with her townspeople really did affect her to the point that it twisted a lot of her common sense towards people and relationships differently. She was just good at not showing it. And she probably thought that people being cruel and wicked was the normal standard of what a human being should be.