𝟎𝟐𝟗

═════════════════════════

' This is the worst match-up for me. '

═════════════════════════

        "TENYA, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" (Y/N) placed a hand on her friend's back comfortingly. The two of them were inside the preparation room, sitting side-to-side. The Gaia user was extremely worried. Ever since Iida had gotten the call, he was growing weak and restless at the same time. As if he wouldn't move without someone making him do so.

After the phone call ended, Iida almost fell on the ground if not for (Y/N) catching him. Fortunately, they were chatting close enough to the preparation rooms so they took their break there. He didn't hear any of her questions. He was silent. He was blank. Tired. And, he was only staring at his phone tensely, waiting for their teacher's permission if he can go while the festival was ongoing. 

The door slammed open, revealing Aizawa whose shoulders were moving up and down, a sign that he had been running and breathing heavily because of it. "Iida!" The pro hero approached the distraught teen and put a hand on his shoulder. "I've gotten you permission. You can go now." He turned to (Y/N) and nodded at her. "Thanks for being here with him, Niwa." 

"No, don't thank me, everyone would have done the same..." (Y/N) stared uneasily at Iida who thanked their teacher quietly and walked out of the door without saying a word. She pushed herself to stand up and ran towards the door. She turned to Aizawa pensively, bowing her head. "Sorry, sensei, but you should go back to where you were, I'll go escort Tenya outside." 

"Wait." Aizawa hastily grabbed her shoulder and bit his bottom lip at the uneasiness painted on her expression. "Will you be fine? I can go with you two if you'd like." 

(Y/N) sucked in a breath and bowed her head again. "I will be, thank you." 

Aizawa watched as his student closed the door. He went outside, breathing out a sigh as he saw a glimpse of (Y/N)'s figure running towards the direction where Iida presumably went. He ruffled his hair, narrowing his eyes as he recalled the expression on (Y/N)'s face before she left. It was more than uneasy, but... the look on her face was close to terrified. Aghast. As if she had experienced something like that before.

Just what was that...? 

"Tenya!" (Y/N) called out to her friend who was now wearing his school uniform. Her eyes hardened as she grasped his hand. Iida snapped his head back, startled, but relaxed at the sight of her. 

Avoiding her prying gaze, the navy-blue haired male trailed off, "(Y/N)-kun..." He took her hand in his and squeezed it. Her knuckles were in front of his lips as he said, "It'll be alright." It was more of a reassurance to himself more than the girl. But, he wanted to make sure that he didn't worry her, too. "I apologize for losing my composure earlier."