Chapter 8

Phana's pov:

I tapped my arm with my finger as i sat back in my chair, staring at the board.

The lecturer was explaining something but i couldn't focus on anything he was saying.

My mind kept going back to the events earlier today.

That panic attack, him constantly crying for Yo, pushing me away, looking absolutely terrified of anything and everything.

I don't know why i felt a sting in my chest when he pushed me away.

Why i wanted to be the one to hold him like Yo did and calm him down.

He's just a junior i met only twice.

And yet...

I've let him get closer to me than I've let anyone else in my life.

Hell, even Beam and Kit aren't allowed to hug me like he did in his sleep last night.

But with him, it felt so right.

And i wanted to hold him in my arms and protect him from the world.

I've never felt this way about anyone else before.

Maybe with Beam and Kit, but never this much.

Never to the extent where i get annoyed when someone else holds them instead of me.

I frowned as i glared down at my desk.

Just what's going on with me?

.............

I sighed softly and combed back my hair as i made my way out of the building after finishing my last class for the day.

I guess I'll just work on an assignment since i don't have any plans for today.

It'll be better than drowning in all these confusing thoughts running around in my head.

But i stopped after getting to the last step of the stairs when my eyes landed on a certain boy.

He was standing near one of the trees, fiddling with what looked like a fidget toy in his hand.

His hair was still slightly messy but he looked a lot better than before.

I composed myself quickly and went toward him.

........

I stopped a few steps away from him and cleared my throat.

He flinched and snapped his head toward me.

Atleast i didnt startle him as badly as i did the first time...

"Hi. Do you feel better now?" I asked gently.

I could clearly see the blush that colored his cheeks as he looked down at the fidget toy in his hand and nodded.

"I-I'm f-eeling bett-er..."

I nodded.

That's good to hear.

"You should have stayed at home today. That must have been exhausting, right?" I spoke.

"N-no I'm ok... J-just a little ti-red..." He shook his head.

Somehow i don't believe him.

But with how protective Wayo seemed of him, i doubt he would have let him come if he wasn't doing well enough.

So i guess i can trust his words a bit.

"Thank y-you... For hel-ping me..." He bowed deeply.

"No need for a thank you. I didn't do it, expecting something in return. It was just the right thing to do." I said quickly.