Puppets 2

Yh. I was so pissed at Rajendran for expressing his love for Vijay only when he knew he was dying and his other two sons had betrayed him. Like what? Even Vijay had said this thing in the movie.
"Your sons fail your company and now you run straight back to me? "
So I thought I could write something I'm which he shows his love for his son under different circumstances. We all know Rajendran loves his sons whatever white lies he tells to the people in front of him and to himself.

And Jay isn't cheating in this fanfic. Otherwise, I would personally divorce him and it won't be a happy ending.

Lots and lots of ooc and new characters. Be warned.

★★★

Sudha was in the kitchen preparing sweets as it was Jay's birthday. Rajendran had arranged a birthday party for him in the late evening. So the lawn was decorated with lights and flowers. As we all know the party wasn't to celebrate the birthday but to gather all the trustees for an unofficial meeting. Sudha was pissed but didn't show it and Jay simply didn't care. It was the first birthday party Vijay had missed. A lot of things happened last year which still remained as fresh wounds.

Sudha took the freshly prepared sweets to Jay's room and knocked on the door. But there was no answer. So she opened the door only to find Jay standing on the Balcony with a phone in hand yelling at someone. Sudha sighed at the pathetic scene. Her son had zero patience when talking with his employees. He just wanted to get the work done. Honestly, it wasn't his fault, to begin with. Some employees were quite dumb this year. The company had taken in several freshers for a project, which turned out to be a headache. As Sudha got closer, she realised the topic wasn't about the project but something else. 

"Yeah. Try your best. I'm not giving up the contract. ", Jay asserted before cutting the call abruptly. (Haan . Unnaala mudinjatha pannikko. Naan contract ah unta kudukratha illa.)

Aarthi and Ria had gone to the temple and were yet to return. 

"Happy birthday kanna.", Sudha wished her son and left the sweets on the table nearby. "Who was that ?", she asked suddenly feeling an urge to know. (Yaaru da athu ?)

"It's nothing ma. Dinesh is just bluffing something to snatch a contract from me. ", Jay said in a nonchalant tone but his erect posture and frown on the forehead said otherwise. (Onnum illa ma. Antha Dinesh thaan enta irunthu oru contract ah pudunga etho olarittu irukkaan.) 

"What did he say ?", Sudha enquired. (Enna sonnaan ?) 

"It's nothing ma. Leave it. ", Jay said and left the room in a hurry. (Onnum illa ma . Vidunga.) Sudha looked at the untouched sweets and sighed. That was when Kicha came in. 

"Kicha, take some sweets for yourself and distribute the rest to others. More are there in the kitchen too.",Sudha said to Kicha as she handed over the sweets to him. (Kicha unakku venumgratha eduthuttu michatha mathavanga ta kuduthudu.Kitchen layum niraya irukku.)

Kicha happily got the sweets from Sudha and thanked her. "Thanks ma.", he said . 

---------------------------------------------

Jay felt uneasy the whole ride to the company. What Dinesh had said was playing in his mind on repeat. Did he really know where Vijay was? Was Vijay in danger? Should he do something? All these questions made him feel dizzy. After reaching the office Jay decided to tell his father about the threat call. Maybe he'll know what to do. After listening to Jay, Rajendran felt a bit troubled. Even he didn't know where Vijay was even if he wanted to cross-check. 

"Vijay can take care of himself. You go continue your work. ", Rajendran said instead. (Vijay avana avane paathupaan. Nee poi un velaya paaru.)

Jay wanted to argue but then thought better of it. He didn't want to piss off his father. Ajay who was waiting outside unintentionally or intentionally heard the conversation but acted like he was oblivious. Was Dinesh up to something? An uncomfortable feeling arose in his gut but he chose to ignore it. Why did he have to care about Vijay?