PulixMersal

****

So yh.  This fic will be weird but I loved writing it 😂😂. I originally planned to write it as more movies crossover but then just stuck with these two as a fantasy fan.  🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️Well read to so how it turned out.

Movies:Puli×Mersal

Note:- Vetri is not a serial killer in this one.  Ooc.  They dealt with Daniel differently which is conveniently not written in this chapter. 😁😁

****

Marudheeran lay on the bed wondering about... Well, everything. His life had been simple a few years ago. He had been goofing around his entire life with human villagers and considering Vedhalams as some foreign creatures. But he didn't complain. He loved the perks of being one. His goofy soul liked the powers that came with it. Speaking of power, he had become the ruler of the realm which posed responsibility. Even though he had the Almighty YavanaRani to guide him through it, he wished he still had his dad with him. A familiar face from childhood, Vembunathan. That was where Pavazhamalli stepped in. To fill that past-shaped void in his life. Everything was fine until a quirky bastard decided to jinx it. Now he had to deal with an annoying version of himself who claimed not to know how he came here. 

†††††††

24 hours ago

†††††††

Vetri and Maran had been through hell and back because of the Daniel incident. But neither of them wore such a tricky serious face that they had now, then. Thara and Pallavi were eagerly anticipating their next move but neither Vetri nor Maran seemed to get the cue.  Thara was the one to break the silence.

"Decide fast. We have places to go.", She urged.  (Takkunu oru mudivukku vaanga.  Innum niraya idam irukku poga.)

"I say throw it in a bin and continue the tour. Simple. ", Maran stated looking directly at his not-so-simple little brother. (Atha thooki pottutu vantha velaya paaklaam nu naan solren.  Simple. )

"It may come in handy. Besides that, she gave this to me and not you. Why are you butting your nose in? ", Vetri argued sitting cross-legged and not facing Maran.  (Ethukaachum use aagum.  Aprm. Avanga atha enta thaan kuduthaanga.  Unta illa.  So un mooka neeye vaichukko.Ethukku enta kudukra ?)

"Because the last time you got such weird shit from that lady, you nearly burnt the house down. ", Maran replied unfazed.  If Vetri cringed at that, he didn't show it. (Yenna pona thadava ithe maari oru Kuppaya avangattu irunthu vaangi, veetaye mothama erikka paatha.)

"It was Pallavi's fault anyway.  I had everything under control until she opened the door and distracted me. ", he tried to reason still not looking at Maran.  (Athukku Pallavi thaan kaaranam.  Ava thaan door ah thiranthu enna distract pannita.)

"Excuse me, you had already burnt the sofa when I walked in. ", Pallavi quickly defended herself. (Excuse me, Naa ulla vanthappaye nee sofa va patha vaichitta.)

"But ... I did put out the fire. ", Vetri continued.  (Aana atha amathitten la. )

Maran had had enough.  "Hand it over. ", Maran asserted stretching his hand out. Vetri finally uncrossed his legs and looked at Maran. (Atha kudu enta.)  

"No. ", Vetri asserted back. And nobody knew how this conversation turned into a "Catch me if you can" contest. Neither Vetri nor Maran had the heart to give up and this went on for an hour or two. (Mudiyaathu.)

Vetri got the sword-like thing from his usual magic dealer.

She gifted him odd stuff every now and then

She gifted him odd stuff every now and then.  And each and every time Maran visited, Vetri managed to fuck things up. In his defense, it was the first time he used those spells.

The contest ended abruptly when Vetri decided to climb on the table and almost fell over the sharp utensils.

"Fine.  Then leave that in your garage or something and not in the house.", Maran insisted, and at last, Vetri agreed.
(Sari.  Appo itha un garage la aavathu engayaavathu vai.  Veetla illa. )

  Maran stretched out his hands to Vetri who was still standing on the table, and Vetri took the help gladly. He didn't wanna trip again and embarrass himself.

"And there's three hours of our tour wasted. ", Thara whined. (Aah.  Apdiye.  Namma tour oda moonu mani neram pochu. )

"Let's at least stop by the zoo. That's the only thing open and available now. ", Pallavi decided. (Atleast zoo kaavathu polaam.  Athuthaan intha time thirathirukkum.)

"This is your fault.", Vetri and Maran bickered at each other but followed the girls anyway. They liked the zoo. Well.. Vetri did.  (Unnaalathaan!)

†††††

It was almost midnight when they returned to the hotel. The travel took a lot of time than the actual time they spent at the zoo and everyone was dead tired.

The moment everyone had slept, Vetri sneaked out to his garage which was another half an hour's travel. He pulled out the sword and examined it closely. This is easily the biggest artifact he got from her. 

He then took the sword and tried to swing it which went passably, if the sword swinging all the way to the wall and made a dent in it, didn't count. Vetri then pulled it out of the wall and tried reading the inscriptions written on it. 

"Voco lux lucis ut obscurum ex abyssus.", Vetri read out aloud.  Vetri smiled at the odd but nice line. It roughly means, "I call the light of light as darkness while standing inside a deep pit."

(ஒளியின் ஒளியை நான் பள்ளத்தில் இருந்து இருள் என்று அழைக்கிறேன்)

All of a sudden the sword started glowing and Vetri was 90% sure this was how he was going to die. The next thing he knew was darkness. Pitch-black. 

†††††

Present

††††††

Marudheeran was practicing with his new general near the river bed when the vedhaalam's sensitive ears picked upon the sound of something falling. The general , who goes by the name Omkar, insisted that he'll go check it and Marudheeran should stay behind. Marudheeran felt a bit offended by that but complied. Maha stood behind him giving Marudheeran disapproving glances like he always does. He literally stood like a mountain near his master.

(I forgot the name of the one-eyed man guys. 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️ So we'll call him " Maha." )

Marudheeran knew he would probably never get used to Maha. He was always uneasy around him but also safe in a weird way. " It must be some animal", Marudheeran thought to himself.

Omkar's surprised yell could have easily been heard by the whole kingdom. Marudheeran rushed towards the sound only to find his look-alike standing there.

"Do you have a brother by any chance? ", Omkar asked quickly.  (Ungalukku annan thambi nu yaaraathu irukaanga? )

"Honestly.... I don't know. ", Marudheeran replied swinging his sword in a defensive stance.  (Enna ketta? Enakku epdi theriyum? )

"Like I could hurt you with my rusty skills. ", Vetri thought to himself. Where the hell was he and why did the man before him look exactly like him and more importantly why could they move so fast? (Aama.  Naan thaan unna konnuda poren.)

"He's human. ", Omkar noted and relaxed a bit. (Ivan vedhaalam illa.)

"Obviously, dipshit. ", Vetri mumbled to himself.

That was when Marudheeran noted the sword in Vetri's hand.  It was exactly the same one Marudheeran had in his hand.

That was when Maha showed himself. 

†*†*†

To be continued.