Puppets 3

Yo. So why have I risen from the dead? I saw something traumatic somewhere and decided to channel some good thoughts... or maybe angst(Maybe not). So yh. I am alive. Here's a quick one. 

***************

Jay was momentarily confused when he heard Ajay's voice through the door. It may seem normal in any other household but not in theirs. "What do you want ?", he decided to yell without bothering to open the door. (Enna da venum?)

"Open the damn door !", Ajay yelled back through the door just low enough not to draw other people's attention especially their mother's. He didn't want to be spotted near his brother's door. (Kathava thora da!)

Jay opened it soon enough. "What?", he asked coldly as Ajay squeezed in as quick as possible. 

"Uhm. Ok. Listen. What was that about when you were with Dad this morning? ", Ajay asked getting directly to the point. (Uhhm.. ok. Listen. Kaalaila appata etho pesittu irunthiye. Athu enna?)

Jay rolled his eyes like 'What else did I expect?' "That my brother is none of your business. If that is what you are here for, the door is still open.", he replied just as directly. Ajay's reaction to that was to go and lock the door inwards and return. Jay half expected him to say 'It is locked now' but he wasn't so lame after all. (Athu unakku theva illaatha vishyam. Athukaaga thaan vantha nu sonna kilambu , Kathavu thiranthu thaan irukku.)

"I heard about Vijay. What are you doing exactly? I don't know about you but I know Vijay and Dinesh already used to have skirmishes.", He came again more directly. (Vijay pathu kelvi patten. Enna da pannitu irukka nee? Unna pathi therla aana enakku nyaabagam irukrathu ennana Vijay kum Dinesh kum erkanave aagaathu.) 

"Heard? Eavesdropped is the word. Anyway, someone is worried I see. ", Jay seemed to play along. (kelvi pattiya.  Ottu ketten nu sollu da. Athu kooda irukatum, yaaro akkara kaatra maathiri theriyuthu.)

Ajay didn't exactly have a comeback to that. Jay seemed to take it as a victory.  These two had a stupid rivalry going on for years.  This is the only time Jay got the other's tongue though. The unspoken competition was to get on each other's nerves.  It first started when they both got their first smartphones of their lives. 

Ajay would send images that said " If you cry, I cry.  If you laugh, I laugh.  If you fall off a cliff, I laugh harder."

Jay would reply with "If you were on fire and I had water, I would drink it."

It first started as a banter but soon it got so fierce that they spent hours on the internet searching for such quotes or thinking up one.  But it ended when they stopped talking to each other altogether.  But still, the victory felt good and real.  It took both of them some time to realize neither of them had spoken for a solid minute.  Jay awkwardly did a dry cough and spoke. "Yh..Anyway. The location matches.  I checked. ", he replied.
(Sari vidu... Solra location sari thaan.  Check panten.)

That's when a thought struck him.  Before it could hit a thought Ajay spoke out.  "Watch out. That dangerously sounds like concern." (Ayyo paathu. Kekka light ah akkara maathiri irukku.) Jay made a face but voiced his thoughts out aloud.
"I made a call via a friend with an obviously fake spam call type call to get his location."(Oru friend moolama spam call maathiri pottu location ah eduthen.)

"You tracked it? That's a lot of effort considering you." , Jay cut in. (Track panniya? Nee avlo vela laam paaka maatiye.)

"No actually. Vijay told me."
(Illa illa avanaave soltaan.)

"What?" (Enna sonna ?)

"...He told us."
(Vijay avanaave sollitaan.)

"Well... Now we know how Dinesh knows. "
(Well.. Epdi poyum poyi Dinesh ku location kidaichuthunu ippa theriyuthu.)

"That shit. We taught him better than that." (Antha kalutha. Itha nalla thaana solli thanthom.)

Ajay instantly agreed. Silence lingered with a moment of disappointment but neither seemed to notice it. A knock on the door seemed to get their attention and they panicked.  Ajay's first thoughts were to hide somewhere and he did. He went outside the balcony and locked the door behind him.

Jay opened the door to see who it was this time without asking anything. He almost let his mouth hang open when he saw almost everyone there. Sudha, Kicha, Arthi, Divya, Ria, Anand, Rajendran, Swetha, Prashant.  Every one. 

Ajay would literally die of embarrassment if they found out he was here and vice versa for Jay.  He facepalmed himself and contemplated jumping off the balcony to escape. But to his unfortunate fortunity, he had a hell of a large house, and jumping off wasn't an option.  That would be suicide and he was business.

It turns out Sudha had just dragged everyone along to give at least a birthday wish and some gifts to her son. Ajay waited patiently until he heard Sudha comment about how Ajay would have loved to come to but couldn't and laughed to himself at the obvious lie.   Why did it turn out this way? He would sometimes ask himself, but he knew the answer and just refused to accept it. They had truly turned out to be puppets after all. Who would like that? Being used like a tool and being disposed of whenever they saw fit. They felt the constant urge to prove themselves and that competition turned hate drove them further and further apart. Both from each other and from themselves.

He sighed as he closed his eyes and leaned back against the wall. All of that apart his mind went to his younger rival. What did that chatterbox get himself into now? And again with that Dinesh guy? To be honest he enjoyed the skirmishes between his brother and Dinesh. They were a comedic duo. Vijay was by no means vulnerable nor naive in Ajay's eyes. Their fights were always over silly reasons but Dinesh just took after his dad and was a criminal mind. Ajay never liked his attitude and character. Call it intuition or whatever he wasn't the type of guy to be taken lightly. Ajay still remembered the first time they met Dinesh. It was Pongal and Vijay had just completed his schooling and yet to go to uni. In other words, he was as useless as a fork to a soup in the house. He was bored and convinced his bros to go out with him. They somehow ended up in some random local street where a tug-of-war competition was going on. Jay being the eldest obnoxious fellow he was then, wanted to participate and he did. Gathering people was never a hard task for him. Ajay and Vijay however didn't come under his jurisdiction, they decided to eat some street food since they were barely allowed to eat outside. And besides the snitch was busy with something other than them. How very convenient. Jay and his newfound team somehow made it to the finals despite the tough competitors. When one team lost a girl immediately went and took one of the guys into a hug and smiled sweetly at him so as to comfort the fellow. The guy was definitely comforted. It was evident from his face. Vijay smiled as widely as humanly possible at that and made some comment on getting a life like that guy. Ajay remembered giving  Vijay the death glare of his life and relished the sheepish look on his brother's face. It brought a smile to his face even now as he stood on the balcony hiding from his family. 

The final opponent team was led by none other than Dinesh himself. Ajay wouldn't lie. Dinesh was a fairly handsome fellow. He was tall with a dark and polished skin tone and a fairly muscular body. He had rolled up his sleeve and wore a black shirt with an obviously new white dhoti and black coolers. Girls were all over him. So many that Ajay almost cringed. Almost. He had more in his time he thought to himself though no one asked. Dinesh flexed a bit showing some muscle before losing to Jay and his team in an instant almost pathetically. Though disappointed noise was erupted by the girls, the cheers and laughter were louder. That was their first meeting.

 When Jay returned Ajay and Vijay quickly threw away their now empty plates. After that, the trio wandered around for some more time. Jay didn't collect the prize, what could a street organizer possibly provide him with that he couldn't have in his hands in like 5 minutes? It was almost night and they had received at least  3 calls from Sudha each at that point. So they rushed back home only to get scolded for hours by their father who was apparently waiting for them for about 10 minutes. So that was how that day went. Things escalated from there. 

-----------------------------

Sooo. Yh. The plot is moving nowhere yet. lol.  I have a feeling this one is gonna be loonng. 

And you all might get a very short update again today. lol. 

And should I continue the puli x mersal story?

Anyways, love you guys !  ❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥

-Nithi